Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jacking instructions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
If I wanted to lift the entire front of the car off the ground to remove both front wheels, where under the front end is the best place to put the floor jack so the entire front comes up at one time and I can place jack stands under the car? I suspect a 2 x 4 comes into play somewhere. Thanks for the help
Chris Pincetich
Good luck, I am curious if there is an easy answer here. I did this recently and had to see-saw it up; jack on the donut, then jack stand with 2x4 for weight distribution at cross bar/pivot where the bolts stick out (one side up), then repeat on the opposite side to raise the front end. My front end is just too low for anything else. Make sure the back wheels are chocked/blocked front and back and check them often, the see-saw really shifts the car. beerchug.gif
BigDBass
Could you use a second jack and lift both simultaneously?
lapuwali
You could just change one caliper at a time...

If you remove the splash shield, you can jack up the car by the crossmember (what the steering rack is bolted to), assuming you can get a jack under there.
Dave_Darling
You can put a jack under the front torsion bar support. That's a very strong place on most 914s. (Unless yours is very rusty indeed!!) Or you can jack on the "donut" just aft of the front wheel well and put a jack stand under the torsion bar mount.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.