Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pacific nw 914ers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephen7
Anybody headed to Pacifc raceways for the SOVREN 2 day event? Anybody racing? I think I'm going sunday.

I can't remember seeing 914s at SOVREN but many cool old Porsches and other makes as well.

steve
sixnotfour
Boycott they dont allow 914"s
SirAndy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 5 2006, 06:37 PM) *

Boycott they dont allow 914"s

huh? NARP syndrome?

confused24.gif Andy
sixnotfour
70 model year not allowed,
At one time they were
stephen7
any idea why the changed the eligability to exclude 914s?
914werke
Yea...Old dudes with lots of money into thier cars who didnt like the thought of getting thier ass kicked by a NARP biggrin.gif
Mike McGrath
I dunno...is that "ban" this year? I could have sworn seeing at least two 914s regularly at the PIR summer historics. I thought those were also run by SOVREN.

Mike (in Portland)
Rand
Isn't it next weekend? (May 13-14)

We went last year, and it was fun. Would like to go again, but may not make it this year.

sovren.org

pacificraceways.com
Rand
Must be joking about not allowing 914s. It would depend on the class and prep.

RULES
rhodyguy
cars that were built for the "model year" which is 70' would have been produced in 69'. there are very few early z cars either. keeps out the rif-raf.

k
914werke
Not Kidding "NOT ALLOWED". Ask me how I know. (SOVREN can KMA.gif)
rhodyguy
says the guy that gets to do the parade wave while laping in a benz rollin' with the high muckymucks on the big 4th of july races.

k
Rand
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 5 2006, 09:56 PM) *

Not Kidding "NOT ALLOWED". Ask me how I know. (SOVREN can KMA.gif)

That stinks. What class? Did they give a serious reason, or are they really lame enough to disallow a car that fits the rules just because they don't want it?
rhodyguy
reread the "historic" class rules. the whole production date nonsense is the key. a few years back there was a guy all ready to go with a nice flared 6. tagged him for a fibreglass rear bumper. a "debris on the track" issue if someone drove into the back of his car. what about a plastic car with no bumpers? think corvette. there's plenty of those.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.