Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
gregrobbins
The group is gathering. Howard, Joe and Judy pulled in for So Cal. John blew in from Vegas. Others are yet to arrive.

So guess what: Howard said they hit snow on the 7200' pass on the way to Flagstaff. It didn't stick, but it gives him something to talk about. It has rained a little on and off since we arrived at 4 p.m.

I will be posting photos on Sunday as I left my camera cable at home.
Brad Roberts
Keep us updated the best you can!

Thanks for the first post.

B
SLITS
Judy who?
gregrobbins
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 5 2006, 05:04 PM) *

Judy who?

I don't know, a lady was getting out of a black 914 and Howard mentioned her name was Judy. She was getting stuff out of Joe's car. Does that give you a clue. Skys have cleared and now it is time to head to the watering hole. biggrin.gif drunk.gif beer3.gif piratenanner.gif
SLITS
Greg....that's /L = Linda

The rarified air must be effecting Howie. Give him a kiss for me........
MoveQik

Judy who?

Judy...Linda...after a couple of hours in the RV, would you really remember? biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(MW 914 @ May 5 2006, 05:46 PM) *

Judy who?

Judy...Linda...after a couple of hours in the RV, would you really remember? biggrin.gif

I remember everything yellowsleep[1].gif

OH BTW....who in the hell are you ?
Howard
I'm gonna swear I said 'Linda', but at my age... blink.gif

Here's Joe and Judy, formerly known as /L and what's her name looking at some more Rte 66 types.
gregrobbins
Picture from dinner last night at the Beaver Street Brewery

Shown: John, Susan, Greg Howard, Ernie, Judy (formerly known as Linda), Joe, Steve and Andrea.
SLITS
I recognize that rest stop.....it's in BF Egypt......What, no images of the camels that live there?

I see that someone threw their hemmoroid pillow out in the image of Judy (formerly known as Linda) stalking the Detroit Iron drivers.

Oh, BTW, is Judy as Horneeee as Linda? Honk, Honk
dekman
Pic's are great! More....... Can someone post a pic of Howard's ride...I'm guessing it's not a 914. wavey.gif
Flat VW

John wavey.gif

P.S. I bet much fun is being had, the weather is purrrfect today.
Toast
mueba.gif

Glad you guys are having so much fun.

MORE PICS, MORE PICS, MORE PICS!!!

Judy, I love your smile. biggrin.gif
Flat VW
Route 66'ers, route 66'ers, ..... Stand-by for an emergency message......

Jim and his girl, Amanda are going to leave here soon and join you all for dinner.

Ernie, I contacted Murphy's and had them add two to your party, both prime rib.

John wavey.gif

P.S. I thought of being there too, but I am too crudddy of a passenger for the long trip. barf.gif

Toast
You're one of them winning types and needs to stop at every damn exit to go pee don't you?

JK, I know what ya mean. pinch.gif
gregrobbins
QUOTE(dekman @ May 6 2006, 10:01 AM) *

Pic's are great! More....... Can someone post a pic of Howard's ride...I'm guessing it's not a 914. wavey.gif

Your right. There are a couple shameless blokes running ARPs including Howard in his 996. I got photos, just no way to get into the computer until I get home. (Forgot my cable sad.gif )

NARP: you all know what that means. So drop the N and you have ARP.
gregrobbins
Progress report:

We are in Prescott. Michael Wills drove up from Scottsdale to have breakfast and drive with us for awhile. ShogunEagle Steve also stopped by to eat.

Drove from Flasstaff to Sedona to Jerome to Prescott. Perfect weather all day. Gerard and md91420 pulled into Prescott from Phoenix.

Should have a good crowd for dinner.

Mechanically everyone is solid. And we are all having a blast: why aren't you here?

At breakfast, the server told us that Flagstaff was expecting 20+ car clubs today and an equal number tomorrow, all doing Route 66 runs. Lots and lots of beautiful and interesting cars to look over.
Howard
OK, here's a few. Concoarse
smile.gif
Howard
yada
dekman
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Howard.........wish I was there. My tranny is out for the 915 transplant operation. Wash that non-914! aktion035.gif
Howard
Describe the feeling of driving a 914 in zero words or less.
T H O M A S
is that judy biggrin.gif
gregrobbins
Sooo, we get back to the hotel after the dinner. Damn, there is a 914 setting in the parking lot--not one of the Route 66 troupe.

Jeff Duncan from Corpus Cristi, Texas has showed up. As earlier posted on the site, he was buying a car this weekend, and driving it from Southern California to Texas. His first intent was to pick the car up Saturday and have a group of locals do a PPI, er Post Purchase Inspection. (How many of us have done that?), but fearless BarBQue leader Joe is on the Route 66 Classic. Instead of leaving on Sunday headed east, Jeft decides to find us and hook up for the final day's events.

What a pleasent surprise. Maybe Howard can post a photo of his car this morning.

Yes Thomas: /L, I mean Judy, or Linda if you prefer, is having a blast. And at the awards presentation, she won an award. Then agan we all having a great time!
gregrobbins
I'm home, now I can share some photos:

Friday after the rain.
gregrobbins
More Friday
gregrobbins
Saturday morning
gregrobbins
Saturday ready to roll
gregrobbins
Sedona
gregrobbins
The Crew
gregrobbins
Nice Roads
gregrobbins
Late arriver Jeff Duncan, stopped by on his way from LA to Texas
gregrobbins
Parting shot: we ended up in Congress, AZ. Here the group split up and headed home. Thanks Ernie and John for great planning. Thanks Howard, Joe, Linda, Michael, Mike, Jim, Amanda, Steve, Jeff, Steve, Andrea, Gerard, Darla, and Susan for making this event so much fun. beerchug.gif Finally, thanks to the guy on the Prescott street corner who looked at my car and yelled "Nice Porsche." thumb3d.gif

Cars in Order left to right: Greg & Susan's White 968. 914s in order: Ernie's Yellow, John's Black, Linda's Black, Joe's Blue, Jeff's Maroon, Gerard's Revenna Green, Howard's Blue 996.
VegasRacer
Thanks Ernie (ThinAir914) for organizing a FANTASTIC event. thumb3d.gif
It was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones. beerchug.gif

Here are the first of my Dam pictures. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

How could I resist this place for lunch in Wikieup. jsharp.gif
The food was so good I stopped again on the way back home.
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Artsy shots from the host hotel parking lot in Flagstaff.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Dinner Friday night at the Beaver Street Brewery.

Click to view attachment

"If you show me The Beaver, I'll show you 'The Hose' ©."
Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
It was such a good time.
I even found a body by Karman.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
JoeSharp
Click to view attachment
It was cold Saturday morning.
Awsom. The road is down there somewhere.
Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
And then there was this Biker.
Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
Trying to keep al of this stright.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
She pushed her way past the Hoser and almost pased Ernie
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
Linda was affraid of running her over, should she go down and Howard cut her slack.
Click to view attachment
Thats all.
:PRMAGRIN: Joe
VegasRacer
The road to be conquered on the way to Sedona.
Click to view attachment

The overlook in Sedona
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
The award winner for the Best Non-NARP.
Click to view attachment

Our host, Ernie.
Click to view attachment

YPAF (or at least it will be after it gets a Series9 makeover)
Click to view attachment

MW914
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
On the road. driving.gif
Click to view attachment

Go Judy, go. driving-girl.gif
Click to view attachment

Zoom, zoom. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Nice Hats. (Joe and Greg)
Click to view attachment

Nice shades. cool_shades.gif (Mike, Steve, Howard)
Click to view attachment

R.I.P.
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
This years Route 66 Classic was unique for the fact that several members joined the fun for the limited time that their schedules would allow. Steve (shoguneagle) was only at the Saturday breakfast. Mike (MW914) had to leave after Sedona. Joe (Series9) even found the time to call from the Corkscrew at Laguna and wish us well. We added Gerard (3d914) and his wife in Prescott. Ernies son Mike also came in his Bug. Shaggy and friend drove in from Phoenix just for dinner. LvSteveH and Andrea went north on Saturday night in their Jeep. The biggest surprise was to find a red teener and the new owner Jeff, waiting for us at the Hotel. He ran with us on Sunday and then continued his long journey home to Texas. Thank you all very much for the extra effort to find a way to come out to play.

The people are what makes this Club so special and the real reason for the Classic events. I am honored to have been able to spend a couple of days on the road with you. I look forward to seeing you all again at the next R66C.

Don't forget - the WCC in Portland is less than 2 months away.
If there is any way you can attend - DO IT!
VegasRacer
IMHO the best drives of the weekend were on Sunday. MDB2.gif
I also really enjoyed the time we spent in Jerome.
Here are some of my NPC photos.

Chillin'.
Click to view attachment

Jerome
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.