Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big day for me!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Borderline
Wow I've been waiting for this day! Evertime I post I'm listed as a newbie, but no more! Now I'm just a regular old non-club member! Should I send out anouncements to family and friends?

Plus today I got the old 1.8 and new rebuilt sideshifter in the car. Now all I have to do is get everything else connected up and get it back on the ground. Sorry ...no photos as yet...not much to see. I can't wait to drive it. With the tailshifter 1st gear was way too close to .......ah .....my crotch and 4 th was in the glove box. This side shifter and linkage looks a lot better. I made my own bushings for where the shifter shaft goes through the firewall and another where the bent shaft goes through the cassete on the transaxle. I wanted a longer bushing to cut down on wear and get a little smoother operation.

I hope it works

Here's a photo of the transaxle bushing

Borderline
Here's a photo of the bushing in the firewall. It was installed from inside the tunnel with the E-ring holding it in place. Sorry the photo is so large.

Bill
So.Cal.914
Nice job. Let us know how they work out. smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.