Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: what's on the grill/smoker/BBQ today?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
here is the before pic of a hefty piece of pig....... will need at least 16 hours to do right. started late so it is gonna go over night.....

"sorry honey, i can't (insert job), i'm busy cooking!" beer3.gif

TimT
I have a Wagyu Hanger steak defrosting now.

Will toss on the q later. Ill make some couscous and a salad to go with the steak
Dr Evil
chowtime.gif when are we dropping your engine? biggrin.gif drunk.gif
skline
My Cholesterol went up just looking at that thing, you should post a health warning up.

Dr Evil
As for the last pork offering, 2 down so far.....the chicken didn't stand a chance.
jsteele22

I'm going over to a friends house for rib-eyes & pecan pie later, but I screwed up. Had the 3-bucks-a-kilo breakfast burrito at noon. Oh the pain...
scottb
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 6 2006, 02:52 PM) *

chowtime.gif when are we dropping your engine? biggrin.gif drunk.gif

soon..... spoke with mcmark and we are on track to getting it out east precisely... soon!!!

My Cholesterol went up just looking at that thing, you should post a health warning up.

40mg of lipitor for 14 days should take care of any excess lipid issue. beer/alcohol will cut the total lipid content on a sliding scale.

As for the last pork offering, 2 down so far.....the chicken didn't stand a chance.

hope you guys have enjoyed the BBQ. gonna shoot for some smoked hot links for the engine drop/raise in addition to the pork......!!!!!!

mike, chicken is easier than the pork. you and noel should plan a weekend when you don't need to know medicine.... only porcine anatomy. the culinary things you will learn will keep you well..... (need a human skull? my dad has one taking up room in his study he may part with...cool hook eye hinges to 'pop the top'!.)
Dr Evil
Hell ya I could use a human skull! I found out that one of my classmates fathers was a dentist when I saw him studying his dads human skull. I was like, "Uh, where did you get that?" Would do me good on the USMLE step one in a year.

My plans for the summer: Last test on the 12th, 3 day weekend at the mercy of the little woman (she actually misses me), work on the car and try to have it working by the next weekend. After that I am off for 3 months. I am gonna do my best to visit all of my new friends out here in the East.
Dr Evil
Speakingof pork, I am studying trichina worms....mmmmm, trichinosis.
scottb
one of my favorite classes in grad school was medical parasitology.... is a wonder i eat any meat after that.... (worm in brain/heart/liver smiley)
scottb
ok, had a couple of beers so gonna give up some of my BBQ secrets....

for smoking you need a mop.... essentially a continuous marinade to keep the meat moist.

traditionally, you would "mop" the marinade on the meat with what looks like a small version of what is used to clean the floor. no need these days......

go get yourself one of those pump aerosol units from pampered chef or some place and make the following........

for pork or beef : 1/3 balsamic vinegar, 1/3 lemon juice, 1/3 olive oil

for fish or chicken/fowl: swap apple cider vinegar for the balsamic.

spray this crap on the smoking meat whenever you remember. about every beer or so. this will add flavor, keep the meat moist by adding fats and tenderize with the vinegar and juice.

do this over a moist heat and you can't miss.....

now the rub is a whole 'nuther oprah.......

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.