Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Another good reason to not have a new car.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
High Tech Car Theft
JPB
Yes brother, new is not always better. I belive in analog and mechanical over digital for cars also, this is why I am a commited teanerbeaner.

beer.gif Car manufacturers are going backwards!
turboman808
Yeah I kinda came to the decision that I won't get any car after 75 biggrin.gif
eg914
Just because you have the technology to do something doesn't mean its a good idea!

I'll stick with my old-tech car. K.I.S.S.
Twystd1
And people ask me why I train and train in pistol shooting. Year around.

Cause Glock Inc. is my anti theft system.

Works for me..... It's just the cleanup that sucks....

Twystd1
MecGen
Hi

You can't always beleave what you read. Decrypting and IMMO is hard work, and takes forever.
These codes are rolling 40-bit strings: With each use, the code changes slightly, creating about 1 trillion possible combinations in total.

I have been revercing automobile code for the last 8 years or so, and I couldn't pretend to have the education needed to do a Merc huh.gif The Euro cars are realy prone to be cracked...when the communist goverments...fell...left a lot of engineers unemployed and hungry, fighting for food. I am not or have ever been involved with stolen cars just that where the cracks (encryption) are found on the WWW, is also a gateway to some very effective low cost tech equipement.

If someone looses an Immo protected car in seconds, its big crime outfit, I will not use the word professional dry.gif They came ready and equipped.

Later
beerchug.gif
Brett W
I did some research a while back on RFID technology and definitely saw some problems with the current stuff. Many manufactures don't care about it. They just want to get their foot in the door and get a good bit of market share. TOo bad they are so short sighted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.