Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy shut-off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I was driving my car over to my office to put it on the lift for some repairs and maintenance. Everything was going well.

Car runs great (full rebuild ya know) and after I get to the office I have to leave the car idling while I clear the service bay (maybe 3 minutes).

I get in it and pull it into the bay and suddenly it shuts off. Tried to re-start it. It turns over okay but nothing.

I go ahead and put it on the lift to do some fix-it items and after about an hour or so drop it down to take a look. Everything looks okay so I try and start it again and vroom, it comes to life.

Never had this happen before.

I know it wasn't vapor-lock..

Any ideas???

2.7 w/carbs & Facet pump fwiw...
bd1308
are ya getting any sparks?

maybe your outta gas....

b
Allan
Got spark Britt.

The tank is almost full as far as gas goes.

I'm thinking a plug in the fuel filter....

I hope. boldblue.gif
bd1308
My fuel pump was dying and it did the same thing.....

plugged fuel filter would do that too, although if its on the intake side of the pump that facet will click like nuts trying to pull 3psi out of that plugged line....just FYI.

b
Aaron Cox
allan - ask clayton about my similar issue.

my CDI box had an intermittant ground. check yours. sounds like definately ignition related.

check grounds, and coil and wires. also, clean the terminals on the relay board. it helps!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.