Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT (but car related): Anybody have this happen to you....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bryanc
Over the last year or so, I've had a few pieces of paper stuck to my truck offering to buy it. This happens about once every two months.

Today, two guys drove up while I was working on my 914 and offered cash for the truck. They offered as much as $2k, but the truck is worth more than that. Is this a scam, or do they just make money off of people who don't know the value of their vehicles?
jd74914
What kind of truck is it? Is there something special about it?

We had people ask about a 72 Chevy K10 we had for years until we finally sold it.
bryanc
QUOTE(jd74914 @ May 6 2006, 08:04 PM) *

What kind of truck is it? Is there something special about it?

We had people ask about a 72 Chevy K10 we had for years until we finally sold it.

It's a tired old '94 Mazda B3000--think Ford ranger. The smaller V6, extended cab, 5 speed. Nothing special.... confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Better put some security on that bad boy. Too much interest makes me nervous.
ematulac
It happened to my dad and our '90 toyota extended cab with the v6. It had over 200k miles and the paint was all h0nked up but it had a new engine and ran great.

I actually wish he didn't sell it ... it was a great truck. sad.gif
JPB
Ya right, you only forgot to say, "Hey segnor, Ia raely like dat truck an wanna buy hit ci?"

Katmanken
When you are running people across the border, ya just don't want to use your new truck because it gets all scratched up.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.