Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Purchased old car back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
I just purchased my old 914 back from the guy that bought it from me. biggrin.gif I sold it to him almost three years ago because of an impending divorce. I just bought it back tonight, what a sweet feeling. beer.gif Very happy about this, I built this car the way I wanted it and I was really pissed about losing it! He has done some upgrades, but he did sell the 2056 I had in it, I will get it back on the road with a simple 1.8, but what a blast when I drive past my bitch ex-wifes house with the top off and the exhaust blasting, with my very hot current wife in the passenger seat! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif We'll wave as we drive by! finger.gif

Here it is!
Allan
ohmy.gif He shaved off the turn signals and made it a slant nose... chair.gif
bd1308
yeah...now it looks like a normal car? whats up with that?

b
jim_hoyland
aktion035.gif VERY NICE ! Glad to hear you got it back beer.gif
McMark
What a cool experience. Congrats!

Is the front riding a little high or is it just that picture?
turboman808
Never get maried!!!
Dr Evil
I remember when you had to sell it. Glad to see things are getting back to normal.

He sold the 2056? Why?
jonwatts
Well at least your not bitter about it screwy.gif
Brando
I think you only made one mistake there...

Getting re-married laugh.gif

The car looks great, glad to hear it's back with it's rightful owner!
1bad914
Thanks!

The PO had his own 2270 that he put in it so he sold mine. It's a long story.

As far as being married is concerned, I found the right one this time, she understands my car obsession, when this car came up for sale I was looking at a Ghia vert also, I could not figure out which way to go, she said buy them both...what a woman. The ex was embarrasd that I tinkered with cars, she hated it. I am really not bitter about it, when the chance to buy it came up I did not even think about her, a friend mentioned that I should drive it by her house and rev the motor, I went hmmmmmm! To tell you the truth she lives on a dirt road anyways, so I won't be driving by her house! smile.gif

I did the slope nose, all metal, very little filler, just a skim coat. The front valance is no longer with it and he took the contoured longs off, but I will put it back together.

Very happy man!
Tom Perso
Yeah, that would be my car...

I recently got a new job which shortened my commute from 23 miles (one way) to 1.3 miles... piratenanner.gif

My E30 325is is my DD and I really no longer needed a beater car.

On top of all this, we're expecting our first on July 28th clap56.gif

So, I was faced with getting rid of a vehicle. I decided to keep the E30 since it's a fun car (no 914, of course), but it has a strong engine and most importantly - it RUNS.

So, out with the 914. This is not saying I'll never have another one again, but for right now, if I want a fun car and I want to enjoy it. The state the 914 was in require a LOT of work to get running the way I wanted (Megasquirt MSnS, etc, etc).

I'm gonna miss it, but at least I know where it will be.

A fitting shot...
IPB Image

Tom
Tom Perso
Actually, this is more of a fitting shot...

IPB Image

I tore the front end out to redo all the bushings and clean it up. I shot all the parts with Hammered paint and they came out very nice.

IPB Image

I was doing work on it, just not at a breakneck pace.

Tom
1bad914
Hey Tom, get it done so I can pick it up!!! biggrin.gif

drewvw

beerchug.gif awesome....I'm glad things came back around for you. Karma is on your side right now.

1bad914
Thanks guys! Tom (PO) and I have been friends for awhile, we seem to rotate our cars in a little circle. One of us owns one then another, then another. Crazy! I can't wait to get it home!
maf914
So, Tom, what happened to the 2270? I remember the story/ordeal with the initial cam and lifter problems you had over on the Type4Forum. Geat project! biggrin.gif

By the way, how is your friend Grant's 2056 T4 working out in his 912. That was another good project. smile.gif
Tom Perso
The 2270 was sold off after I thought about doing a Subie conversion. Then, that fell thru, so I decided to just run a stock motor with Megasquirt and learn how to DRIVE the car, not just point and shoot with a big motor.

Then, I knocked my wife up, and all hell broke loose... smile.gif

Grant's 2056 should really rock, he added my Setrab cooler and a dry sump system and then bumped the C/R up to 10:1. It should really thump now.

All these projects!

Tom
gopack
QUOTE(1bad914 @ May 6 2006, 08:28 PM) *

the exhaust blasting, with my very hot current wife in the passenger seat!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Sorry slow day!
ninefourteener
Man.... I love hearing "the man wins" stories.... ause I share your enthusiasm...

I bought a $3500 914 when I was going through my divorce, and was forced to sell it only 4 months later to pay lawyers fees.

The day after I won the divorce (and custody of my daughter), I bought a $7500 914..... and much like you, dropped my daughter off at her mom's for her visitation that weekend ohmy.gif)

4 years later..... My new wife has bigger boobs, younger, and more attractive..... and in the last 8 months, we've bought a house, an 06 WRX, and an 06 Mazda 3.

My ex? She's still a stripper (going on 10 years now)..... and is married to a man who mows lawns for a living.

beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Tom Perso @ May 7 2006, 05:36 AM) *

Yeah, that would be my car...

I recently got a new job which shortened my commute from 23 miles (one way) to 1.3 miles... piratenanner.gif

My E30 325is is my DD and I really no longer needed a beater car.

On top of all this, we're expecting our first on July 28th clap56.gif

So, I was faced with getting rid of a vehicle. I decided to keep the E30 since it's a fun car (no 914, of course), but it has a strong engine and most importantly - it RUNS.

So, out with the 914. This is not saying I'll never have another one again, but for right now, if I want a fun car and I want to enjoy it. The state the 914 was in require a LOT of work to get running the way I wanted (Megasquirt MSnS, etc, etc).

I'm gonna miss it, but at least I know where it will be.

Life must be tough, having to face your friends without a Real Porsche in your garage ..................... The Cap'n

A fitting shot...
IPB Image

Tom

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.