Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May have gone over the edge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
I started out at noon today and finished at 9 pm. Somehow I managed to go that entire time with no breaks, aside for a few sips of a coke, and catching my breath a few times. Thats right, no lunch break, no bathroom visits, nothing. I think this may be the sign of obsession?

I did get a lot done though. I finished sanding down the engine bay (not completely to bare metal, but about 40% is bare metal, the rest is very smooth OEM primer/paint. So then I washed it down with water and then Metal Etch, then more rinsing, and drying with towels, and a space heater.

After all that I put a just little bit of evercoat (modern bondo) over some gouges that I made with the grinder while removing engine bay surround tin a couple weeks agi. Got that all sanded down, vacuumed up the mess, etc.

Also got the radiator frame cleaned up and powder coated (all 5 parts of it).

Tomorrow if I can, I'm going to mask off the engine bay and paint it with Zero Rust. First coat is black, then grey on top of that. Not sure if I'm going to sand between coats. That is of course if my finger heal from the hours of sanding...

-Tony
watsonrx13
Tony, sounds like you had a full day. I know why I get started on something, the time flies by....

BTW, thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

-- Rob
grasshopper
I work for five hours after school everyday... only difference is that I dont really get anything done..
turboman808
I just wish I had mine to work on already. First things first I am gonna pimp the interior big time!

I think I need someone to show me how to do more advanced stuff. I don't think I want to use this car to learn on.

Worked for 3 or 4 hours on my civic yesterday. Change tranny fluid, clutch master and slave cyliner then cleaned out all the old brake fluid with fresh blue.
jsteele22
Well, Tony, I'd say you went over the edge long, long ago. No problem, though, as long as you post pics !
Twystd1
Tony,
That is awesome.

Ya get what ya earn..

And you are earning your way bro...

Twystd1
Tobra
If you went 9 hours and did not have to stop and pee, you need to stay better hydrated. Did you sort of have a headache in the evening, and feel particularly sore and achy the next day?
TonyAKAVW
No headache, but the next day I felt appropriately wasted (achy, tired, worn out). I slept a lot which helped, but I need to take this as a lesson NOT to do this any more.

Definitely hard on the body, and no 914 is worth this physical punishment.

-Tony
fiid
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ May 6 2006, 10:35 PM) *

I started out at noon today and finished at 9 pm. Somehow I managed to go that entire time with no breaks, aside for a few sips of a coke, and catching my breath a few times. Thats right, no lunch break, no bathroom visits, nothing. I think this may be the sign of obsession?

...chopped...

We have a quote system here at work that contains the following gem:

Obsession is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

biggrin.gif Good work man. Clearly it's tiring to do a stint like that - but the fact that you stuck it out without getting bored, hungry or angry probably means you got a lot of shit done... clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif Good work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.