Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9"/11" *steel* GT Flares ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
if you got a set stashed away in your lost 914 warehouse, call me call me.gif

i'm very interested in obtaining a set.

9"/11" STEEL GT-Flares

i know they are out there. i know the factory had them. i know they were an option for the GTs.

you got 'em, i'll buy 'em ..
smile.gif Andy

PS: here are two pics of a 914-6 racecar that has a set mounted ...
TJB/914
Hi Andy,

I have a set of factory steel flares, but I don't know if they are standard??, 9" or 11" GT ones your looking for. Help me out here what to look for??

I thought all factory flares were the one & same. I have a picture posted on the Concours d'Elegance site showing the factory #'s & a blurry picture. Cut you a good deal if that's the ones you need.

Tom
Joe Bob
Wouldn't it be relatively easy...operative word, relatively.....to get a standard set and section in more steel?

Probably a better bet than searching the lost warehouse....
914Sixer
I only know of one size. The part numbers are listed in the booklet I was making available. FYI, Stoddard Porsche has the factory steel flares marked down to $655 for the fronts and $788 for the rears. A real bargain!! Well, atleast they think so.
xitspd
Hi Andy,

My set had Porsche factory stickers with part numbers on the inside of them. I had the rears modified slightly to fit a larger tire. I just sent Slugmika a set of all four quarter panels molded from my car in fiberglass!

Dan
grasshopper
hijacked.gif hey dan smile.gif havn't seen you post in a while. Do you still sell the momo race seats??
GeorgeRud
I got a set of factory flares for my car years ago, there was only one size of flares from the factory back then. I believe that some people were making them up in fiberglass with different widths, but I've never seen any in steel.
Aaron Cox
dekman has "widened" steel flares....

ive heard and read of the elsuive steel 9/11 set, never seen em. just 7/9
pete-stevers
hey andy.....arent we talking tons of drag.....kinda like two "trash cans" on the side of you car happy11.gif
North Bay 914
The wide stell flares I was told were widened normal flares...see the photo.
SirAndy
QUOTE(North Bay 914 @ May 7 2006, 12:30 PM) *

thanks for the pic ... that might be the way to go ... idea.gif

i have never seen a porsche part number for the 9/11 steel flares, altought they are mentioned in some of the factory literature ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: i just measured my new wheels/tires and there is NO WAY they will fit a 9" GT flare. about 2 1/2" more width needed ...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 7 2006, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(North Bay 914 @ May 7 2006, 12:30 PM) *

thanks for the pic ... that might be the way to go ... idea.gif

i have never seen a porsche part number for the 9/11 steel flares, altought they are mentioned in some of the factory literature ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: i just measured my new wheels/tires and there is NO WAY they will fit a 9" GT flare. about 2 1/2" more width needed ...

you buy bill's fikse with ra1's?
davep
There were two varieties of the factory flare, at least for the front. It is a rounded flare, not the boxy one we are used to. I believe it came out first and was superceded by the boxy one we are familiar with, probably to give it a more balanced appearance. I know the factory used wider ones on some of the 86 hour cars, but they were not normally available for order. I believe that the reason was that the group 4 cars were limited to the 2" extensions, thus that was what the factory provided.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.