Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mueller is contagious ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
so, i'm thinking, i must have catched a virus from Mueller last time i was over there ...

- putting a 3.6L in my '70 1.7L
- stripping same car and throwing it on a celette bench
- buying a wrecked original 914/6 that will need month of cutting and bending
- bought a set of wheels and tires that are way too big for my car
- now looking for bigger flares so i can run those wheels
- talked to brad about building a 2056 /4 engine from scratch with aftermarket FI
- redoing the interior on my 1.7L car
- finally doing the 944 axles conversion on my 1.7L car
- restoring the 914/6

anyone got some hints on how the hell one could possibly stay focused to get all this stuff done?
wacko.gif Andy
McMark
You're still putting the 3.6 in the red car? unsure.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 6 2006, 11:26 PM) *

You're still putting the 3.6 in the red car? unsure.gif

i'm kinda leaning towards it ...

just because realisticly, it'll probably take me 2 years to get the 914/6 restored ...
blink.gif Andy
So.Cal.914
Meth?
SirAndy
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 6 2006, 11:31 PM) *

Meth?

how about something that does not turn you into a braindead zombie ???
dry.gif Andy
JPB
Good sir, may I suggest a panacia for your problem. One thing that must go away is perhaps the bear fridge in the work shop if you have one and repalcing it with an EXppppppressso machine. As for sleep, its over rated. It will come when you need it.

sheeplove.gif This will slow you down also. Hey, just speeking from experience here.
Sparky
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 7 2006, 02:22 AM) *

anyone got some hints on how the hell one could possibly stay focused to get all this stuff done?
wacko.gif Andy

Yupp do like I do, skip the Ritalin for the weekend and start the day off with a couple of espressos. Not that store bought crap but fresh ground and brewed. I keep the espresso machine fired up and brew enough to fill two coffee cups. Not espresso cups, coffee cups. That way I have some on hand all day. I just nuke a half a cup of milk add a teaspoon of honey and top it off with some of the espresso from the coffee cup. Keeps me going throuhg out the day. Of course then I cean't sleep at night so I get even more done! biggrin.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 6 2006, 11:22 PM) *

so, i'm thinking, i must have catched a virus from Mueller last time i was over there ...

- putting a 3.6L in my '70 1.7L
- stripping same car and throwing it on a celette bench
- buying a wrecked original 914/6 that will need month of cutting and bending
- bought a set of wheels and tires that are way too big for my car
- now looking for bigger flares so i can run those wheels
- talked to brad about building a 2056 /4 engine from scratch with aftermarket FI
- redoing the interior on my 1.7L car
- finally doing the 944 axles conversion on my 1.7L car
- restoring the 914/6

wacko.gif Andy

Add a 68 Impalla SS Convert restoration in to that mix and let me know how it works out.... wacko.gif
Mark Henry
My advice is to avoid Mike.

Ever since I bought his engine parts I've been flipping between turbo or N/A, turbo or N/A, turbo or N/A, turbo or N/A, turbo or N/A....

My 914 is still on jackstands.

Thanks Mike.
Miss Mari
Hey Mike has served as an inspiration to wannateener/Dylan.
He works on his car every chance he gets.
Also check my post count since we met...

Mari
Trekkor
I'll take the 3.6, if that helps. naughty.gif

KT
McMark
I know, get to the shop before noon, and come every weekend. poke.gif lol2.gif
Brad Roberts
Get Shannon pregnant with twins. I promise you will focus on something besides 914's..LOL

I'm going to locate another decent 1.7 car and go from there. Just drive it and enjoy it. Fix it when it needs it. This is were I was headed with the little silver car I sold. Just a solid nice stockish 1.7. Gas isnt getting any cheaper.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2006, 08:46 AM) *

flipa.gif

i guess getting up early on the weekends would help, eh?
rolleyes.gif Andy
olav

What parts do you need for your /6 restore project? Will it be factory restore or custom?
914werke
Im feeling ya Andy just got the LE back from paint, now in the midst of musical motors, all the while rebuilding suspension pieces for the toy car unders the cover in the back yrd.

Brad would you consider a 1911? I gotta fund this resto some how.
Dr Evil
Take a series of tetracycline and use a condom next time wink.gif
914forme
alfred.gif Quite posting and get to work, with over 15,284 post you spend way too much time on your own club chairfall.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 7 2006, 09:08 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2006, 08:46 AM) *

flipa.gif

i guess getting up early on the weekends would help, eh?
rolleyes.gif Andy

I tried to get up and out to the garage both today and yesterday at 6am after the twins wub.gif wub.gif early morning feeding...didn't happen, too tired....I'm just waiting for my coffee to finish and then I can head outside and work on the car and it is 9:30am !!!!

Did I read your post correct?!?!?!?
You bought a 914/6 chassis???

nebreitling
that's crazy andy. don't burn yourself out. get something driving and enjoy it.
Andyrew
I went "cool, cool, cool" then I read

"- restoring the 914/6"
and said. What? Crazy man!!! No WAY!

Got a pic of the "way to big" wheels? or size?

jus curious.

GL man..
McMark
Andy, once I have room, we'll kick that 914-6 out in 6 months or less. No reason to have it take two years (except $). You just bring cars, parts & yourself. I'll provide the motivation. wink.gif
bernbomb914
Brad for the 2nd time call me

Bernie
jonwatts
Andy, quit your day job.

SirAndy
QUOTE(jonwatts @ May 7 2006, 01:06 PM) *

Andy, quit your day job.

now that might actually work ...

i hear McMark is hiring ...
idea.gif Andy
McMark
wink.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 7 2006, 09:08 AM) *

Get Shannon pregnant with twins. I promise you will focus on something besides 914's..LOL
B

it's almost 3pm...I still have not made it out to the garage headbang.gif feeding of the little ones, feeding of mom and myself, trips to the store for baby "stuff"...
McMark
Remember, 1 hour is better than 0 hours. wink.gif Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.