Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Judging Sheet from the SMOG group
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
TJB/914
Hi 914er's.

I found SMOG's last years 2005 judging sheets from the Great Lakes Mid-Meet. A lot of thought went into these judging standards for Concours & Daily Drivers. I believe it was fair and successful to all involved.

Hope this helps start a judging standard for future 914 events. Please add your suggestions and recommendations.

Tom
TJB/914
page #2
TJB/914
page #3
Pat Garvey
Wow - looks kind of sensible! I LIKE it! Don't get me wrong - "when in Rome....", but his looks almost (there's that word again) sensible! As you would expect, I'm not 100.0% in agreement, but 99.8% ain't bad. Won't necessarily work for a Parade, but keeps a (pardon me) "purist" event well..."purist".

Don't quite agree with some of the points associated with some areas, but have you ever met a concours person who didn't have beef with scoresheets?

It's now in my library for prep - when that happens again. See later post!
BS Chairman
Pat,
Glad you 99.8% like my almost sensible Judging sheet. The .02% that you don't like, can always be changed to what some may think more important items. I spent many hours setting and resetting points or items, until I felt this was fair to all. Time plays a big part as to what should be judged or not. Most 914ers aren't aware, or could care less, about what it look like from the factory. So I tried in each class, to make it fit everyones needs. If you or anyone,would like all or just one of the classes, please PM and I'll send them on. I think your oil leak is a push rod tube seal.

Gary (BS Chairman) SMOG Founder 1997 beerchug.gif
914-8
Love the deduction for having drilled in a hood badge!
TJB/914
I may be in trouble with the SMOGer's.

Hope they don't think I plagiarized the works of the brains behind this judging sheet. It was put together by our all knowing 914 judging expert Gary Stellmach (B.S.Chairman of the SMOG group).

Tom
BTW
If you see this guy judging your 914 that's gary.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(BS Chairman @ May 8 2006, 10:06 AM) *

Pat,
Glad you 99.8% like my almost sensible Judging sheet. The .02% that you don't like, can always be changed to what some may think more important items. I spent many hours setting and resetting points or items, until I felt this was fair to all. Time plays a big part as to what should be judged or not. Most 914ers aren't aware, or could care less, about what it look like from the factory. So I tried in each class, to make it fit everyones needs. If you or anyone,would like all or just one of the classes, please PM and I'll send them on. I think your oil leak is a push rod tube seal.

Gary (BS Chairman) SMOG Founder 1997 beerchug.gif

PM sent +....

Nope, Gary, not a pushrod tube seal (I wish!). Leak is coming from the area between the case & the head - only on #1. Suspect it's the thin metal seal ring between the two. Really don't feel like pulling the motor & making the mess on the floor, since I'm in the process of selling my house. So, it may take a while! then again, it might give me some time to spend with my '73T. We'll get there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.