Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I switched over to HDNet and noticed that Hogan's Heroes was on and it is in High Def!

Looks pretty good. Musta mastered all those on film.
I'd say look for more 'classic' shows showing up in HD.
vortrex
do you have INHD and INHD 2 yet? I just got these two channels a week ago. lots of really great shows all in HD. everything from vintage movies, travel shows, concerts, and upcoming release movie promos. watch an expedition to the summit of mt everest, first time it's been filmed in HD, amazing.
seanery
I've got
ESPN HD
Discovery HD
HDNet
HDNet Movies
a PayPerView HD
& HBOHD
SHowtime HD is available, but I don't subscribe to showtime, so i don't get it.

All of my local channels
4, 6, 8, 13, 20, 40 & 59 broadcast in HD band, some programming is HD, others is upconverted NTSC.
Sunday & Monday Night Football look great. I saw a motorcross race at Copper Mountain that was beautiful.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 23 2003, 04:42 PM)
I ... noticed that Hogan's Heroes was on and it is in High Def!

Looks pretty good. Musta mastered all those on film.

ya think !?

that show's been around for a long time - that's just about all there was then !
seanery
yeah, I know, but I'm surprised it wasn't 1 or 2" tape. Musta mastered to film then transfered them to tape for broadcast like a feature.
mr914
Hogans Hero's was converted to hi-def because it was originally fillmed in 35mm, thus making a better source for conversion.

I Love HiDef. beer.gif If only I could set the wide screen up in the garage while I'm working on the car. On second thought, I wouldn't get any work done.

Mits 55" widescreen
Samsung HDTV receiver- Triple LNB

Wow, my 100th post!
fiid
I also love HD - I have all the DirecTV HD channels and a triple LNB reciever. I seem to be just our of line of site from Mount Sutro though - so I can't get the digital locals.

Our screen is a 92" wide projection WXGA (1366x768) LCD Projector.

We should have an F1 party at my place sometime :-).

Fiid.
seanery
My digital locals are had by the use of an outside antena into the Samsung HDTV Directv receiver.
fiid
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 24 2003, 09:53 AM)
My digital locals are had by the use of an outside antena into the Samsung HDTV Directv receiver.

I also have the samsung reciever. DO you find that it is good for tuning over-the-air stuff?? I have been disappointed by it - I got a $100 terk antenna and it doesn't seem to pick out signals that ought to be pretty strong - I am only about 3 miles from the transmitter - but I am in the shadow of a small hill... :-(

What is your experience?

Fiid.
seanery
There are two sets of stations that I have a hard time with 13-1 & 2, and 20-1 & 2. All the others are great.
When it's locked its awesome looking, but it fails at times and looks like DirecTv in a rainstorm.

I have the radio shack version of the Terk, the long skinny one, that I bought 7 years ago, I'm wondering if there is a better solution.
I had the little clip-on antenna on my boat and it didn't do sh!t.
richardL
The Terk is widely hated and considered to be useless.

If you read AVSforum or the Bay Area Group on Yahoo, they always recommend the Channel Master 4228 as the best antenna to use (or its smaller brother the 4221). I too am in the shadow of the hills so I can't see Sutro. I only get NBC OTA.

If only F1 would ever be in HD. The CART racing in HD looked awesome.

Richard
seanery
Man, that channel master is ugly.

Has anyone tried one of these?
Channel master 3010
Mueller
So is my regular TV going to be obsolete when all channels are required to run HD ???
seanery
I don't know the complete strategy, but I'd say it will take another 5-6 years before NTSC is obsolete.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 24 2003, 01:39 PM)
So is my regular TV going to be obsolete when all channels are required to run HD ???

HD not required. just digital.

however the answer is yes, sooner or later you will have to buy an HDTV->NTSC tuner/downconvertor box. or - since you'll probably have bought another TV by then, you'll simply dedicate the NTSC TV to the garage where you can watch VHS and DVD copies of Le Mans and Grand Prix...
fiid
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 24 2003, 01:39 PM)

All the hardware out there for tuning HD still has composite out - so you'll be fine. You'll just need a new tuner thingy.

If you're on cable or sat - youll be fine anyway.

All-HD isn't going to happen for a while - people are still scratting around looking for bandwidth.

Fiid.
vortrex
I believe 2006 is the date the fed set for switchover from analog.
seanery
they've moved the date twice already. 2003 was the last date they moved.
Mountain914
I don't live where I can get OTA HD - but use DirecTV

The Praying Mantis show is The ultimate show to wathc on HD !!! Some very interesting eating habits (especially the hummingbird!) chowtime.gif

Mitsu 55" and Hughes Platinum and enjoying Hogans Heros and almost anything in Hi-Def (even *gag* the news !)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.