Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: while taking the h.e. picture i notice...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
i think this is a real deal SSI. i gave it a magnet test. while there some minor attraction with a kitchen magnet, i'm pretty sure it's stainless. then i notice one of the pipe ears. it sure looks like it's been torched, or something. does anyone think SSI would have some of the ears? i'm glad i noticed this before i was going to install it. this muti-photo-attachment feature is sure nice.

k
TimT
Burns Stainless has something that will work
Aaron Cox
wierd.... wonder why someone did that.
messix
since you have a damaged set now i'll let you unload them on me for a dollar.
rhodyguy
nice try troy. i will have it repaired. i see SSI has their phone # in Excellence. i will call them in the am to see if an ear or 2 are available.

k
Dave_Darling
The ears on the SSIs can be bent or can even sometimes break. Depends on how torque-happy the monkey with the wrench gets... wink.gif

Looks like someone F'ed that one up, and then did a crappy job of welding it back on, or maybe welded on some scrap they had lying around.

--DD
McMark
My money goes on someone who had a stuck nut and decided to follow in "grandad's" footsteps and used a torch to cut it off. confused24.gif
Tom Perso
I second the siezed nut on an exhaust stud. The 'ol blue-tipped wrench will take care of that...

Tom
ablose58
Ah Yep, another victim of the infamous fire wrench! Kevin I can fix that for ya piratenanner.gif I can even make up a new ear for ya as well , give me a call!! AL
rhodyguy
i'll be in touch after i talk to someone at SSI al. i'll make a little template for correct placement.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.