Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: do the production dates make a difference on value?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bodyman
Now that I have the 73 2.0 home I have been looking over things. The first thing I noticed is that is was produced on 01/73 the first month of the year. also I am verifying the milage, But as to my knowledgs it looks to only have 67,360 original miles. The condition of the car looks to be a low milage car. I am going to check with the local tag office and see what the last documented milage is on record. I was just curious if the first of the 73 2.0 production run is any different in value?
JeffBowlsby
Value mostly depends on condition for any 914. Production for each model year starts in late summer of the year before...(August I think?)...for the next model year, so a January date is actually about in the middle of the run for that model year.
anthony
I don't think build date is going to make any difference.

Click to view attachment

:-)
bodyman
actually it is the 10th month that determins the year. If the production dat is on or after the 10th month the car is considered the next year model. Before the 10th month it is considered the current model year marked.
Dave_Darling
No, that is incorrect. Production for the next model year started in August, as Jeff said. I've seen several cars that are undeniably from X model year (check the VIN) with "build date" stickers showing 8/(X-1) on the door jamb.

--DD
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 7 2006, 04:48 PM) *

No, that is incorrect. Production for the next model year started in August, as Jeff said. I've seen several cars that are undeniably from X model year (check the VIN) with "build date" stickers showing 8/(X-1) on the door jamb.

--DD

agree.gif
August.
bodyman
Cool we learn something new everyday...
davep
MY production ends in July and the new MY begins in August. I believe the workers holidays tend to be about week 29, near the end of July. I have no chassis numbers on record for that week.
Dave_Darling
You know the old joke:
Q: "What's the German word for Vacation?"
A: "August."

wink.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.