Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73-74 2.0 Injectors in 75' FI setup?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
srb7f
Will these work OK without any issues?
wilchek
should work fine as long as they are from 2.0 and are going to be in 2.0 engine.
JeffBowlsby
I doubt it, I have heard of others who have problems with this set-up. The injectors are different part numbers, have different flow rates and the ECUs that control them are different. Wish they were interchangeable.
srb7f
The injectors would be from a 73-74 2.0 and would be going into a stock 75' 2.0 engine.
wilchek
i stand corrected.

I knew they were different part #'s but have been told that they are the same. Computer will have no effect they are mechanical injectors and spray when they are told to do so. I find it hard to believe that they are all that different. I looked up the part in Porsche database and they only list the part # 039 906 031 for the 2.0
Dave_Darling
Jeff, could you post data that shows the differences? I'd be grateful.

I checked some injectors I had, and found the resistances of the 75-76 ones to be in the same range as the 73-74 ones. And when I had all of the injectors cleaned and tested, they all tested with the same flow rate...

I'd love to see real specs!

--DD
mightyohm
I have data to support Dave's statement as well. I had a set of 73-74 2.0 and 75-76 2.0 injectors tested, and the reports looked the same. I think they should be interchangable.

PS: If anyone needs a set of cleaned and flow tested good 2.0 injectors PM me. I'm going to put them in the Classifieds when I get around to it.

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 7 2006, 09:49 PM) *

Jeff, could you post data that shows the differences? I'd be grateful.

I checked some injectors I had, and found the resistances of the 75-76 ones to be in the same range as the 73-74 ones. And when I had all of the injectors cleaned and tested, they all tested with the same flow rate...

I'd love to see real specs!

--DD

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.