Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet Grur's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
Linda's car got 49.16 MPG coming back from AZ.
Twin Solex's with a D-Jet cam.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Twystd1
Joe,

Thats cause YOU know how to tune the beejezus out of those things...

Nice JOB.

Clayton
Aaron Cox
OMG. nice!!!
JoeSharp
The tuning is just about to start on it and I want to get over 50. Linda wants more power and I think it's way rich.
Aaron Cox
whats the LM-1 say?
JoeSharp
Aaron: I have not even looked at a plug. All I did was install the carbs and set the timing. The car was down for that and the tranny. The engine is smoking on decel and I supect that it needs head work.
I once converted a squar back to carbs and got great gas mileage, it got 48 at one time.
We are going to have to do an engine at some time soon. I have a 2270 and a 2L that need to be built and I would like to do these carbs on one of them.
I think that the 2270 with low compression and these carbs would be a great engine for a driver. I also belive that it would get over 50 MPG (on long distances).
I'm hoping that someone would chalange me to prove this. Cause Linda is driving her car to the WWC (Wild West Classic).
Howard was keeping track of the milage on his GPS and was telling me that Linda was getting 42 then 44. So on the way home I told Linda to slow down to between 65 and 70. And there it was when we got home to my place . She used 6 gallons and we did 295 miles.As it happened today Linda drove past the place I wanted her to fill-up at and we drove all the way home. If she had stoped when I wanted her to, she would have gotten well over 50 mpg. I'm going to keep working on it and I will post the results as they happen.
/L.
Pushie isn't HE dry.gif The car ran great, looked great, drove great and I had the best time driving the mountain curves thumb3d.gif burnout.gif mueba.gif Thanks again Joe for making it GO! smiley_notworthy.gif Vroom-Vroom.
Twystd1
Joe,
The engine would actually be more efficient at a higher compression ratio. Thats just the facts.

Problem is. No one makes a cam that is compatible for high compression and killer gas mileage.

Till now..

Jake just made one. And it apparently works better than he projected.

The engine he built has crazy BSFCs.

Me thinks that high compression and the right cam....

Would even be better.

Just something else to think about.

Clayton
newto914s
Congrats!
but do you have any idea what your head temps were like. these car were epa rated at less than 30mpg. so to pull 50 out of it by only changing the fuel delivery doesn't really compute(without breaking something), but I'm an idiot.
Samson
SLITS
The EPA Ratings were calculated; they never actually did any testing....and it hasn't changed.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 8 2006, 08:14 AM) *

The EPA Ratings were calculated; they never actually did any testing....and it hasn't changed.

With a slide rule!!!
Bleyseng
When mine was more stock the best it got was 32mpg going 75-80mph for a 200mile trip.
drewvw
I am amazed you get that with dual carbs and the stock cam. I would very much like to learn from you ninja master....

ninja.gif
sean_v8_914
wind resistance is non-linear. a 5mph decrease in speed will show in MPG
newto914s
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 8 2006, 07:14 AM) *

DUH! wink.gif
And I know it's possible to get better milage than the epa say. 10% like Bleyseng is completly possible, 15% I would think to be pushing it. But a 65% incress, without modifing the engine is crazy, I believe it, and would love to get it, but I'd just like to see the CHTs
Samson
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.