Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wife's first AX!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Yesterday, Christie got her AX cherry popped happy11.gif

She'd done a lap or two in my 911 in the past, but she was never comfortable with the car, and was pretty much pussy footing it around the cones

Well, yesterday we went AX-ing in her 924S and there was no pussy footing involved driving-girl.gif
She actually surprised me how agressive she drove. She did pretty good for her first time out and learned a lot.
She put more into it than most guys out there

I think a seed was planted, so we'll definatly be doing more AX-ing together
I also registered her for her first DE next month

She made me a proud hubby wub.gif

Overall, we had a great day. Excellent weather, small run group (a little over 20 cars) and about 50 laps each rocking nana.gif
watsonrx13
Congratulations Jeroen and Christie, you have unleashed the beast, now go kick some butt...

-- Rob
rick 918-S
clap56.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving-girl.gif
Betty
Heh, heh, heh.... it's all fun and games until she regularly starts beating your times. Then it becomes serious! driving-girl.gif
lapuwali
2-3 husband and wife couples I knew would compete to see who did the dishes the following week...
nine14cats
clap56.gif

Alright! Another AX couple in the mix!

Doris and Bill P.
Demick
I've been trying to get my wife to come out and try it for years. No luck yet.

Demick
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 8 2006, 03:13 AM) *

Yesterday, Christie got her AX cherry popped happy11.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Christie
Sorry Andy, we didn't take any pics wink.gif
(others have, so we'll post them as soon as we get them)

Had a ton of fun!
It was nice to see the big smile on Yaroon's face when I got out of the car smile.gif
Now I know what I've been missing out on all those years

I'll need some more practice before I can compete over who's doing the dishes
I never drove "fast" or agressive and never experienced under/oversteer before, so it was all new to me. A lot of new info to process
But Yaroon said I did good and was faster than some of the guys out there happy11.gif

I'm really looking forward to driving on the track as well... I'll keep you posted on how that goes driving-girl.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(lapuwali @ May 8 2006, 12:44 PM) *

2-3 husband and wife couples I knew would compete to see who did the dishes the following week...

I am NOT going to make that bet with Betty.... I would end up with some serious dishpan hands.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.