914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
si2t3m
Couldn't figure out how to post multiple pictures. ph34r.gif

I put them up here

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....&threadid=99353

Hope it's usefull.

Marc-André
jdogg
Wow, that's scary looking. I just finished R&Ring the painted bumpers on my '74, and was terrified of removing the rubbers. Fortunately, they weren't in too bad of shape and a few coats of flexible bumper black paint made them look preety good. Hopefully I'll get a few more years out of them before I need to bite the bullet and buy new ones.
krk
Marc-André,

I have wondered what is inside that thing. Thx for posting the pics!

kim.
si2t3m
I'm still playing around with it. I want to seperate the metal stip completely from the rubber without ruining the rubber part. So far so good.

I've reinspected the rubber top looking for places from where moisture could of entered the rubber and attack the metal. Once again, the only area where moisture can get in is around the bolt used to fasten the top rubber to the bumper.

It might just be that water gets into the rubber?

Someone should make a Fiberglass top to replace the rubber part...

Marc-André
Mark Henry
QUOTE(si2t3m @ Feb 24 2003, 06:50 AM)

Someone should make a Fiberglass top to replace the rubber part...

Marc-André

Yes, there is a part that would sell if priced right!

My rubber bumpers are good, I give them a 8 out of 10, but I can see the start of these rust bumps.
si2t3m
I've posted more pics as i finally got the rubber skin seperated from the metal part.

Mark, if you can see the start of these rust bumps, slowly start saving for a new top!!! confused24.gif

Marc-André
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.