Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New project here (Not mine)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I got a new project here yesterday from a long standing member who needs help, (What else is new?) We sent him off to fight in Iraq and his car has been sitting in storage since he went over there. I got it to my house yesterday and I would like to put this car back together and get it running for him so when he is released from the Army, he will have a teener to drive and enjoy with the rest of us.

I am going to weld in some new metal where his hell hole used to be, its really not bad at all. I have a couple of engines here to work with and a good trans for it too. I think I have all the parts to put this car together for him. If any of you other mongers from So Cal would like to come by and help out anytime, it would be greatly appreciated by myself and I am sure he would too.

It is DrifterJays car, many of you remember him from BBQ's and runs a few years back. He is a great kid and could really use the elp with this car. He promised he would learn to drive it as it should be driven and not blow it up this time.

I figure I will get the body in ready condition and the engine and trans ready to go in along with the interior and so on and then have a big BBQ and everyone could come over and throw it all together over a weekend. What do you think? Can we do it?

I think it is a nice gesture and would show our support for his efforts overseas. What good is a club if we cant help each other out once in awhile? I will be working on it over the next few weeks getting things sorted out and find out what else he needs to bring down from his storage. I think we got most everything needed but of course, there are always some little things overlooked.

Is there any interest? Post up here if you are willing to lend a hand and some of your time and let's make this happen.

Here is his car, under a cover waiting for me to get started.

Also a picture of Jared when we brought the car down.
SLITS
Joe Sharp needs to stage a BBQ with tools...at your place.....after Lone Pine?
skline
I will get the welding done this week between jobs and work, with any luck, Richard will come over and help with the engines to make a good running one from both of them then maybe we could get both Joe's over here and have a really good BBQ.
rick 918-S
clap56.gif For you Scott!
skline
Just for the funny of it, I thought I would repost this picture taken a while back of Jared on his car when it ran last.
Aaron Cox
i think i can be there on thursday
TROJANMAN
great idea scott beer.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(skline @ May 8 2006, 08:35 AM) *

Just for the funny of it, I thought I would repost this picture taken a while back of Jared on his car when it ran last.

I really don't want to see that on a calendar...... barf.gif
Dr Evil
av-943.gif

What happened to the hot 1.8 that he got from James? Did it get blown up? It had a nice cam in it and was supposed to put out some deacent power once the one head got fixed.

Wish I lived closer
Twystd1
Scotty,

Take whatever from my tub to fix Js car...

I B back in about a week...

You got me if ya need me...

Clayton
racerbvd
I wish I was close enough to help, this kid deserves for his car to be ready when he comes home. Take plenty of pictures of the progress and post them here and send some to him!!!
fitsbain
Evil -

All you need is to find fellow teeners to put you up for the night on the way over and back. Then you can have the whole summer figured out driving across country in your 14. biggrin.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 8 2006, 07:07 AM) *

clap56.gif For you Scott!

agree.gif clap56.gif
skline
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 8 2006, 09:25 AM) *

i think i can be there on thursday

Thursday should be a good day, I am working tomorrow night at the port so I will have Thursday off. Give me a call and let me know what time you will be here.
jonwatts
You SoCal guys are resourceful, but if you come across anything you need post it here.

Is there a finish date yer shooting for? When's he due back?

skline
He is back now but still stationed out near Barstow until next year and can only come down once in awhile. I am sure I will be seeing more of him in the near future as his mom is now living with me. wub.gif
lagunero
Scott, let me know what time on Thursday.
Twystd1
CRAP..!!!!!!

I wanna be there...

Scott,
Do you have a basic punch list of work that is needed on the car?

And do you have a punch list of parts you will need?

If so..

Do you want to post it up?

That way we can section out time to work on the car and get the parts ahead of time.

Do ya think that is a good idea???

or are we gunna wing it?

Regards,

Claytonvich..... east Of Krackatoa
Always Looking
I never know if i'm working until the last minute, but would love to get out of the house on Thursday to help out if I can. I will keep this in mind as the week progresses.

Dan beerchug.gif
skline
QUOTE(Always Looking @ May 9 2006, 09:28 AM) *

I never know if i'm working until the last minute, but would love to get out of the house on Thursday to help out if I can. I will keep this in mind as the week progresses.

Dan beerchug.gif

I too dont know till the last minute when I will be working, are you a Longshore casual too? As for what needs to be done? I will get into it tomorrow and see what is here and what needs to be done and try to determine what is needed to complete this car. I dont think it will need much if anything. I will post up here when I figure it out.

Thursday anytime after about 9AM I will be out working on it so whenever you want to come by, it is all good.

Twystd1
Scott,

So let me get this straight...

DrifterJ hooks you up with his mom in order to get HIS car completed.

HHHmmmm........

Scott, I still need to finish my car..... And my Sister is getting a divorce as we speak... She will be single very soon.

So..... If you like my sis..........

Will you finish my car too??????????????????????

You want to put something together???????????????

Just a thought.

Or I could pimp Brando over to you.....

Never mind... you have already been there...

Gotta get my thinking cap on and come up with a similar scenario.......

Twystd1

skline
Thanks for the offer Clayton but I think I am set now in the relationship area of my life.

Check your email BTW and let me know if you can open that file. I will try to send it another way also if I can get it to work.
Aaron Cox
so if i hook up with scott, my car will get finished?
Twystd1
Yup Aaron..

Except you will smell bad afterwards.... barf.gif

Because when Scott says mud flaps... he aint talking about the ones on trucks.....

Twystd1
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ May 9 2006, 10:26 AM) *

Yup Aaron..

Except you will smell bad afterwards.... barf.gif

Because when Scott says mud flaps... he aint talking about the ones on trucks.....

Twystd1

chairfall.gif icon8.gif
skline
Come on guys, my girl reads this stuff too. Let's not give her the wrong idea. She knows Aaron is a little strange but she really doesnt need to know about his sex life.

av-943.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(skline @ May 9 2006, 10:43 AM) *

She knows Aaron is a little strange but she really doesnt need to know about his sex life.

av-943.gif

you have NO idea...... blink.gif
Twystd1
If she is reading this stuff...

You are in a world of mud flaps..... agree.gif

Twystd1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.