Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Control Arm Mount Alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I've removed my rear control arm inner mount bracket because the old one had elongated and cracked. Want to make sure the alignment of the new bracket is as close to the old one as needed! Took a lot of measurements and have the drivers side to go from, but does anybody have any suggestions to follow before I weld in the new one?

Thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(vesnyder @ May 8 2006, 09:00 AM) *

but does anybody have any suggestions to follow before I weld in the new one?

did you mark around the old one? are we talking the ear or the outside mount?

i've been thinking about making a "jig" that uses both sides and the tranny mounts as reference points. all i need is a known to be straight tub to get a template off ...
smile.gif Andy
goodwood73
I did mine on the basis that the mounts are symetrical side to side. Some measuring before removal can be helpful. I found that one of the engine side sound pad mounting clips was centered in the fire wall. I measured from it to the pivot hole of the driverside inner mount and verified it was the same on the pass side before removal. You will need a couple more points of reference to get the inner passager mount located. Overall not very hard. I had a complete (inner outer) suspention console to replace and alligned the outer console in the same way. The engine shelf can help too. Good Luck! Paul sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Mueller
crazy idea......

if you have an extra trailing arm axle, you might be able to use that once bolted to the removable outer mount to help position the new "ear", of course you'll still need good measurments which you should be able to replicate from the drivers side and just mirror the numbers...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.