Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fibre glass... everything
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Last friday I drove to Germany to pick up the last f/g parts I needed for my car
Front & rear hoods, front & rear bumpers
New for $700 , I think it's a good deal
Only part missing is a front valence, but it'll be shipped to me when they are in stock again

the hoods are an excellent fit (that's nice for a change!)
the rear bumper only needed some very minor trimming
not a concours fit, but nice enuf for a race car

The front bumper will need some work, but I haven't looked too closely

The hoods are layed up a bit thick, so I drilled some holes to bring the weight down happy11.gif

I welded some brackets to the car and mounted the rear bumper with dzus-fastners

here's some pics...

URY914
That is a good price. Looking good.
GTeener
look'n good clap56.gif
markb
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 8 2006, 01:00 PM) *

Last friday I drove to Germany

Now there's a sentence we don't hear very often. biggrin.gif
guiltless
Lookin real nice. Good idea with the holes, a little bit 'o improve never hurts.

Side question really quick...
Does anyone ever get worried that someone who knows what dzus fasteners are is going to just start taking body panels while you are eating dinner or at a movie?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(guiltless @ May 8 2006, 02:53 PM) *

Lookin real nice. Good idea with the holes, a little bit 'o improve never hurts.

Does anyone ever get worried that someone who knows what dzus fasteners are is going to just start taking body panels while you are eating dinner or at a movie?

we did dzus fastners on my bro's pre-runner ranger. he drives it everywhere.... never taken a fender, or a hood....

but there are lots of stupid people out there...
jonwatts
QUOTE(markb @ May 8 2006, 01:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 8 2006, 01:00 PM) *

Last friday I drove to Germany

Now there's a sentence we don't hear very often. biggrin.gif

Awe I was waiting to use that line.

Nice lookin' garage floor!
Andyrew
QUOTE(guiltless @ May 8 2006, 02:53 PM) *

Theres a reason I didnt dzuts fasten my HPH flares on my street car...

Jeroen.. Whats this F/G supplyer??

mrdezyne
So which front clip is going on this beast? The 944T front bumper or the teener?
Jeroen
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 9 2006, 10:42 AM) *

Jeroen.. Whats this F/G supplyer??

Some guy had them for sale on German Ebay
Turns out he makes them himself

QUOTE(mrdezyne @ May 9 2006, 05:03 PM) *

So which front clip is going on this beast? The 944T front bumper or the teener?

I'm gonna go for the 914 bumper for now...
to much work to make the 951 front fit
I've got too much to do on this car to take on the bumper project too
Maybe later... First I just wanna get the car done
Have you made any progress on it?
mrdezyne
I'm in the same boat as you are, too many little side projects going on right now. Once my rust is under control I will start on the 951 front. If I don't finish one thing before I start another, I never finish anything. Ugh...
Brando
Meld a 951 front into a 914?

I hate to say it... but just buy a 951... Helluva lot more power, similar handling, and way faster!
Jacco
Hey Jeroen,

nice to see progress on the teener! I wouldn't mind to get a ride in that beast when its done biggrin.gif

any plans for entering both the 924 and the 914 into the same AX and get a little competition going between you and Christie?

see ya later!
Jacco
brant
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

good job Jeroen!
looking very good!
brant
Jeroen
IPB Image
IPB Image

laugh.gif
Jeroen
yesterday, I fitted the passenger side front fender
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I welded in a "Z" profile of sheetmetal to where the stock fender used to be to form a new "gutter"
Then I bent the outer part of it upwards to follow the inner shape of the f/g fender to a seamless fit
And added a tab for the dzus-fastner in the center of it

I extended the gutter to the lenght to the headlight box where it now ends into a triangle (underneath the blinkerlight) for another dzus-fastner

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I still need to ad dsuz's at the front bottom and rear bottom of the fender, but that'll have to wait till later
At the front because I will also need to fab a tab there for the front bumper (which still needs fitting work) and at the rear because the fender fits badly there (to the door seam and rocker pannel)

Next will be the drivers side fender
I need to grind off the ratted original gutter first and weld in some new sheetmetal at the headlight box
JPB
Wow looks like so much fun. I'm envious.

clap56.gif And the crowed said," Yea!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.