Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DaveP (or anyone else with cross-pollination experience)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Which model and year VW's use the same front brake calipers we do? 411? Ghia? Trying to put together a one-off 205mm pattern system.

Thanks!
lapuwali
Try the Type IIIs. I haven't measured, but they (and the rotor) look exactly the same.
'68-on, I think.
davep
The VW 411, 412 uses the same front calipers and rotors. Type 3 and Ghia calipers are smaller. I'm doing a bunch of them also. Ghia calipers come in both 1 and 2 pin styles, but the pistons are smaller, 40mm I think. The 2 pin types are common and cheap, the 1 pin types are NLA, hence the need to rebuild them.
pokey1168
arouns 70-71 Type III are the same. They changed the bolt spacing in the later years I think. I wish I had some of the narrow pattern, That is what the disc brake kits for VWs are using. My 71 Type III's calipers would fit, I tried. On the high side, I now have 4 extra calipers for the 914. smile.gif
Tobra
QUOTE(pokey1168 @ May 8 2006, 03:51 PM) *

arouns 70-71 Type III are the same. They changed the bolt spacing in the later years I think. I wish I had some of the narrow pattern, That is what the disc brake kits for VWs are using. My 71 Type III's calipers would fit, I tried. On the high side, I now have 4 extra calipers for the 914. smile.gif

I thought that stuff looked familiar
davep
I understand that the early Ghia calipers I am rebuilding are 40mm bores. The later type III did go to the 411/914 calipers, probably 71 to 74 MY's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.