Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Center Panel Alternatives
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
Anyone doing anything different? Vinyl, Aluminum, lights?

My center panel is wrinkled a little (see the gap along the top of the bumper top?)and I don't want to spend the $$$ for the bodywork-it's a little beyond my ability.
Click to view attachment
The estimates I have gotten by a couple of "mobile" guys was over a couple of hundred bux.
headbang.gif
I just need this done and I am ready for paint.

Options:
1) Find a reflector or something else and cover it up. 9suggestions)

2) Just finishing prepping the car myself and tow it to 1Day or Scheib (how much should this extra work be?)-don't want to get taken.

3) Have the mobile guy do it for $200, finish prepping the car-paint the car myself using the "roller" method and Rustoleum Professional.

Future tip to others: Get bodywork estimates/repairs while the car is running-before you make it naked. thx Gary
So.Cal.914
When I was doing airbrushing on custon vans and trucks, I was doing murals on

alot of small panels, glovebox doors etc. And it would help to hide the inperfections

Just a thought.. smoke.gif
dweymer
that's just a little bondo and lots of sanding.
db9146
Paint it black and install a small Porsche emblem over the area.
SGB
I've got vinyl stuff. You should use a little bondo & a spatula on that irregular parts, then sand it well befor you cover with any vinyl, 'cause ther reflection shows any irregularity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.