Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT- Donations for Uganda...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mugs914
Hey guys,

On the 22nd of this month I will be leaving for Kampala Uganda for a two-week trip with several others from my church (Grace Chapel of the Coast in Oceanside CA). We will be ministering to kids and the elderly in a couple of outlying villages, as well as building a few houses for folks in the villages. One of our members used to live in Kampala and has organized the trip with the local Kampala church that he attended.

In addition to the stuff we've already got going, I would like to take a bunch of soccer balls over for the kids in the villages. Soccer is the main sport there (as in the rest of the world) and the kids usually play with a plastic bag stuffed with paper or something. I thought it would be cool if they had a few real soccer balls.

This is where you can help. I can get decent soccer balls at a Target for about ten bucks a piece. If you would like to donate a ball for the trip you can send ten bucks to my PayPal at mugsxr4@pacbell.net and I will get a ball in your name.

The soccer balls will then be left with the schools, churches, and kids that are in the villages. You'll never meet the kids, but if you attach a picture of yourself (With your 914 would be great!) to your email, they will keep them for ever...

Also, if you are so inclined, I can use donations to help pay my way as well, but only if you are so inclined...

Thanks to those that have already helped, I appreciate it more than I can express... And thanks in advance to the rest of you guys.

If you choose to donate attach a pic if you can, and put soccer ball or something in the note so I know where you want the coin to go.

Thanks a lot guys. Rest assured that none of the donations will go in my pocket. Every penny will go toward soccer balls unless you say otherwise....

Thanks again!
Aaron Cox
rock on mike! what a cause!

gregrobbins
One soccor ball on its way!

Your a good man Mugs!
Mugs914
Thanks a bunch everyone. YOU guys are awsome! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Mugs914
icon_bump.gif
jonwatts
I'm in it just for the thought of you transporting all of those balls biggrin.gif Think you'll have any trouble getting them down there?

PayPaling now...

Mugs914
QUOTE(jonwatts @ May 9 2006, 10:11 AM) *

I'm in it just for the thought of you transporting all of those balls biggrin.gif

smile.gif biggrin.gif av-943.gif Doubt it'll fit in the overhead...

Thanks John!!! beerchug.gif

According to those who know best, we shouldn't have any trouble getting 'em over there. Worse comes to worse we'll let the air out and blow 'em up when we get there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.