Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I Powder Coat My Trailing Arms...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
riverman
Will the rubber bushings melt in the oven? Is it better to paint the suspension components?
Rotary'14
Most powders cure at about 450 degrees F. I think your bushings would be toasted.

-Rob
Mueller
QUOTE(riverman @ May 8 2006, 05:34 PM) *

Will the rubber bushings melt in the oven? Is it better to paint the suspension components?

I think the 400° will cook the rubber bushings....if you can find it, there are lower temp powder coatings that bake at about 210°...I know there is a powdercoating media rep here on the site, if you do a search on powdercoating you might find his posting....
guywan914
Why not remove the bushings, powder coat and install some better bushings. I had mine powder coated and had Racer Chris make and install them.
IronHillRestorations
Yes, you will burn the rubber bushings beyond recognition, if the powder coater will even treat them with the rubber in them.

Remove & replace. New rubber bushings are not available, but softer plastic ones do fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.