Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Hinge Pin Removal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the club, and started to take apart my first 914. I have one door off, and had no problem with the door because the hingepin had pin replaced by a really loose nail. I have all of the bolts out of the second door, but I am still tethered by the hinge and pin that I am having trouble removing. Should this just slide out? I think it may have been painted over once.

Thanks!

Mark
flesburg
Unbolt the door hinge at the bulkhead end of the hinge. The bolts are self centering. Save any shims you find behind the hinge.
MecGen
Hi

I never realy needed to replace door pins before, but had doors off way too many times...I was always under the impression that they were so tight, either pressed or welded in, that you almost would have to remove the hinge from the door...
another story in itself... headbang.gif
I would imagine someone done it....
Good for a icon_bump.gif

Later

beerchug.gif
G e o r g e
are you speaking of the door stay? if so pull the cotter pin on the bottom and pull out the pin.
Zimms
QUOTE(maddeye @ May 8 2006, 09:52 PM) *

are you speaking of the door stay? if so pull the colter SP? pin on the bottom and pull out the pin.

I think it is the stay. I have the 6 hinge bolts off, but there is that bar in the middle with what looks like a pin. I didn't see a cotter pin or anything, but it certainly is not moving.

Thanks! and back to the garage...
mightyohm
That door stay pin can be a PITA!!! Try to get some tiny vice grips in there to rotate and pin and help it come out. If you can tap on it with a hammer at the same time it will help. I have had to spend 15 minutes tapping on one before it finally came out.

Zimms
That was it. No cotter pin, just rust. I punch and hammer took care of it.

Thanks everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.