Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Public service announcement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
For anybody with a factory or conversion six who's using the Bursch headers, you probably know that they are set up for a street muffler i.e. they are 6" longer than the pure race headers (which use a separate extension piece to run a street muffler if desired). Therefore the standard 18" megaphones stick WAY out the back of your car and 24" 911 pipes would stick WAAAAAAY out...

GPR just had a batch of 12" cookie-cutter megaphones made up; $109/pair and they will use a typical bracket setup such as George's (European Racing Headers). The megaphones are not available thru George directly. If interested, talk to Dave Shepard at GPR - www.gprparts.com - he's at ext. 502
joea9146
My assumption is that these would be pretty loud ? any ideas ?
campbellcj
Yep Joe...LOUD...they are for track use only, and in fact only certain tracks w/o noise restrictions i.e. Willow Springs. They are easily > 100dB depending on the car.

Unless you -really- live out in the sticks, and/or have a very special relationship with local law enforcement, you're well advised to run a muffler of some sort.
Scott Carlberg
JoeA,
I think I mentioned this earlier, but it's worth mentioning again...

I really LIKE your avatar boldblue.gif laugh.gif pray.gif

friend of yours?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Sep 24 2003, 04:34 PM)

yeah, get's you in the mood for hooters, doesn't it?
joea9146
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Sep 24 2003, 06:34 PM)
JoeA,
I think I mentioned this earlier, but it's worth mentioning again...

friend of yours?

Thanks.... I like her too.... boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Jeroen
Can you PM me her phone# laugh.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
redshift
boldblue.gifIPB Image
Qarl
Back to the topic...

Does anyone have a picture of this b-rack-et for the megaphones?

I am looking for a way to support my mufflers?

I think Patrick Motorsports also carries a stainless mount that he uses for his twin can setup.... (speaking of twin cans) boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

These headers are from George Narbel too and have short "street adapters" on them.

Seriously...
campbellcj
George makes/sells the bracket too; it's ~$50 and not a work of art (it uses hose clamps to affix the pipes to the bracket) but perfectly functional. It bolts up to the stock studs on the trans where the muffler boomerang usually mounts.

I have one in the garage but I think my wife has the digicam. Will post a pic shortly if I can find the damn camera.
campbellcj
OK, found the digicam, with dead batteries OF COURSE, argh.

Anyways, here is the pic (yes they are hanging from the ceiling; the dansk sport muffler is currently on the car)
campbellcj
GPR rocks aktion035.gif

I ordered these pipes at 11am yesterday. They were sitting in my office 24 hours later. Zero hassles.

I have been buying from them since the relatively "early days" of p-car mail order -- 12+ years ago -- and will be back. Dave S. is good people.

(I must say though, the reason I have their huge friggen decal on my car's back glass is cuz I have to...they are the series sponsor wink.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.