Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muellers cool bearings for replacing bushings.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
On the advice of Brad I am considering forking out for some of Mueller's cool ass bearing foo for my suspension.

What tools do I need to fit them?

Thanks,

Fiid.
J P Stein
smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Bandaids laugh.gif

BTW, Mike, I'm gonna need a set of rears in a couple months. I can't stands them squeaky bushings no mo.
You gonna make me go thru that 9eleben puke?
J P Stein
Ok, enuff fun.

If you do a search here, you will find a few therads on the installation. I did em' last winter....in Jan, AIR.
There's pics & all......I got a lot of "help" cool_shades.gif
Mueller
Here are some PDF's of instructions...

The instructions for the front suck..they will be updated soon.

Front Bearing Instructions

No one has beaten me up on the instructions for the rear yet....so feel free smash.gif

Rear Bearing Instructions
fiid
I see the difference in the instructions.. :-)

It looks like these can be tapped in using a mallet or a hammer w/ a piece of wood if care is taken.

When I decide to order them - do I go through Tarett Engineering, or is it better to go straight to you (Mike)??????

Thanks,

Fiid.
Mueller
You can purchase from me, shipping would be cheaper, or even free if we meet up for an event.

The last set of rear bearings that I installed, I was able to pull a JP smash.gif and use the hammer method......in engineering terms it's "use a suitable drift"
LOL

I tried a piece of wood, that didn't last long, finally a 1" thick piece of steel on top of the tube with a 5# sledge did the trick. Was not as bad as it sounds smile.gif

A press would have been nice, but my Harbor Frieght special is currently about 2" too short sad.gif
Brad Roberts
I sold another set today Mike. Get on the stick. I need 2 sets quickly.

B
shoguneagle
Hey DUDE;

Putting you on notice for a complete front and back. The V-8 is going and now we are building a 914-6. So, we will want your bearings for the entire suspension. Let me know what the price will be.

Steve Hurt
Shoguneagle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.