Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle cable mounting bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
So the PPO's contraption to actuate the throttle fell apart on sunday night and I have to design a braket to work with my Hex Bar set-up on my Dells.

Right now the throttle arm on the bar is pointed down and requires that the arm be pushed towards the rear of the car to open the throttle. I cannot move the arm to the top since there is interference with my rain tray.

I have searched and found a few Ideas but they did not specify mounting holes used or How strong the bracket must be to stop flexing.

If anyone has a pic of which holes they used to mount the throttle cable it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Mueller
sorry cannot help much, guess you'll have to find some pictures....one thing I can comment on is that the pedal stop on your floor board should be used for final throttle stop adjustment and not the bracket. If you have the floor board adjustment off too much and it's not being used, undo stress will be put on the bracket/carb linkage at WOT
Twystd1
Great point Mike...

I wish i woulda said that...

Elliot Cannon has the best throttle bracket I have seen that is relatively easy to make.

I think FAT performance did it.

PM Elliot and get a pic..

And post it back here for alll the rest to see..

Regards,
Twystd1
rhodyguy
and if the pedal stop is too far out, your throttle plates will not fully open. the cable holder on my triad is beautimus.

k
maf914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 9 2006, 11:43 AM) *

and if the pedal stop is too far out, your throttle plates will not fully open. the cable holder on my triad is beautimus.

k

The Triad linkage and cable bracket appear to be the same as my Weltmeister set-up, except the Welt is cad plated and the Triad is black. The cable bracket is simply a piece of shaped bar stock with a bolt hole for attachment to the fan shroud and a hole for the cable mount. Very simple and works great. I like it.
Jaiden
My pedal stop is not the issue. The PPO made some contraption that had this whole pivot thing made from scraps and a rod that pushed the actuator arm when the cable was pulled. They must have epoxied in the bearing at the pivot and that is where it fell apart.

I like the cable holder on the triad but I need to move the arm in the opposite direction so I cannot use that method. I cannot move the actuator arm to point straight up but I might be able to have it at an angle.

Thanks for the input.

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 9 2006, 11:43 AM) *

k

rhodyguy
sorry for the hijack. the throttle cable holder was one of the reasons i ditched my cb hex bar. perhaps the interference issue and pull direction is why some folks run their linkage on the rear of the carbs. heat up the visa card, spring for a triad, and move on. jmhumbleo.

k
anderssj
Sorry for the delay . . . finally took some pictures of the throttle cable backet and cable set-up for my old CB Dell'os.

While this was originally intended as temporary until I could come up with something better, it's held up well for the last 20+ years . . . .

Hope this helps.

anderssj
a little closer, same side . . .
anderssj
other side . . . .
Jaiden
Strange but if I set up mylinkage that way it would closemy carbs not open them???

blink.gif huh.gif
anderssj
curious . . .

which way are your carb-shaft lever arms pointing? Is the linkage currently on the front or rear of the carb? For mine, the linkage is on the front, and IIRC, the shaft lever arms are pointing "out and down" so throttle linkage pulls them "up" to open. I'll try to take another look, and maybe an additional picture or two . . .

I think it's set up like this picture on the CB website: http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=509
(this would be looking from front to rear)

I'll also look to see if I have any old manuals in the garage.

sorry for any confusion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.