Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wet sandblasting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14
wanna do some blasting of my parts,, the plus is i already have a sand blaster,, the minus is my compressor is not good enough, its been good enough for everything else, I have a pressure washer and i have seen a " wetblasting kit" it uses the pressure washer and the same sand as the regular blasting , any one ever tried it,, the kit sell for 65$
iamchappy
This is new to me also, Campbell Hausfield has a cheap kit for 27.00.
I would think these would work great and eliminate the possibility of warping the metal plus eliminate the dust.
elwood-914
I have seen it used on concrete benches at one of our schools. Works great for that purpose. Sheet metal.......I have no idea.......
freezing14
I found a short article http://www.cleanertimes.com/features3/WetSandblasting.cfm

it seems promising,, cheap equipment no dust, just add stuff against flash rust througn the soap dispenser,, looks good and cheap but !! it would be mainly for parts, suspension, cleaning the otherwise non-strippable spots,,
charlesmac
A friend of mine just got his wet sand blaster going. The motor on the pressure washer is 10hp, so there's plenty of force behind it. He's only used it on some shelf supports so far (i think they're 1/4") but it peeled the old paint right off leaving a nice shiney surface. I guess you could play with the engine speed so you wouldn't warp any panels, but we haven't tried that yet. It's far less messy than dry sand.
Mueller
neat....seems like a de-tuned version of waterjet/abrasive jet cutting...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.