Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 wins G prod both days
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kart54
Ok Guys,

You all wanted exposure for your 914's. Well, they are getting it. Two more individuals came up to me after the Saturday race interested in building 914 race cars.
Not much of a field but Car 54 won G prod both days at Buttonwillow and finished 15th overall out of 25 cars both days. (That 25 includes super production cars like Paul Gentilozzi's Trans Am cars being driven by a couple of drivers so I don't feel to bad not being able to keep up with them. 1600 pound cars with 650+ horsepower and 22 inch slicks.)
So as of know the car has 3 wins and a 2d place finish in 4 races. Not bad for a fuel injected 1.7 motor.
On Sunday I did some experimentation with the suspension and its amazing how little tweaks can result in big on track changes. I stiffened up the rear to try and get a little less body roll and the car pushed so bad I almost couldn't keep it on track in the tight corners. Needless to say I'm softening the rear back up and tolerating a little body roll.
Car ran flawlessly all weekend. Can't wait for the next race. After the next double regional I'll have enough races in to run a couple of National races and it will be interesting to see how the car does.
Howard, et al Ventura drivers won three classes this weekend. Me in G prod, Lowell Preston in E prod and Nick Kodenko in Formula Mazda.
Randy
New Graphics- Pics to follow- "Car 54 Here I Am"
sjhowitson
Great Job...Where are the pictures??? We live and die by the pictures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.