Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Zambezi" Green
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John G
Hi folks,

I'm new around here... about 18 years ago, my wife and I owned a nice green 914, and for nostalgia purposes, she would like to acquire another, same color (or paint if not). smile.gif

The color of the car was a mid-green, bright, sort of a "stoplight green" color. Not dark green (forest) like I have seen on some 914's, and definintely not the pea-green yellowish tint. This was a beautiful bright green.

I've seen pics of cars, but sometimes monitors are off in shade a bit. Is Zambesi Green the color I am looking for?

If I take a car to a paint shop, will they know what I mean if I tell them I want the car Zambesi Green? Have I even spelled Zambesi right? LOL.

Sorry for the ignorant newbie questions. I hope y'all can help me out.

John
Part Pricer
QUOTE(John G @ May 9 2006, 04:26 PM) *

Hi folks,

I'm new around here... about 18 years ago, my wife and I owned a nice green 914, and for nostalgia purposes, she would like to acquire another, same color (or paint if not). smile.gif

The color of the car was a mid-green, bright, sort of a "stoplight green" color. Not dark green (forest) like I have seen on some 914's, and definintely not the pea-green yellowish tint. This was a beautiful bright green.

I've seen pics of cars, but sometimes monitors are off in shade a bit. Is Zambesi Green the color I am looking for?

If I take a car to a paint shop, will they know what I mean if I tell them I want the car Zambesi Green? Have I even spelled Zambesi right? LOL.

Sorry for the ignorant newbie questions. I hope y'all can help me out.

John

First off, welcome.png

If you can give us the model year of the car that you had, we could pinpoint the proper green for you.

Porsche Rescue
Try here, year matters

http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.html
SLITS
Zambezi Green thumb3d.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Jaiden
My Avatar pic is Raveena green. IT's a bright Lime green so I wouls say That's not it.

John G
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ May 9 2006, 03:30 PM) *

Wow!! You guys are fast!

The car was a 75. Of the colors listed on this site, Irish Green looks a bit dark, but has the same brightness I remember. The Zambesi car looks closer. Bright middle green.

The metallic green for a '75 is definitely not the right color.

Forest Green for the 75 is not imaged on the site. :-(

But still, I wonder if the car could've been repainted.

It's hard to tell on a computer monitor. Looks like I'll just have to mix up with a few real Porsche owners and put my eyeballs on some cars. Anybody near Birmingham?

Thanks again!

John
lapuwali
Irish Green is fairly dark. I'd agree that it's most like Zambezi that you're looking for.
greenie
Zambezi Green, I had some mixed by WESCO, they looked it up on the computer with no problem.

Greenie

John G
QUOTE(greenie @ May 9 2006, 05:06 PM) *

Zambezi Green, I had some mixed by WESCO, they looked it up on the computer with no problem.

Greenie

Ah, Greenie.... BEAUTIFUL car. If my monitor is correct, that looks like the color I'm remembering.

Thanks!!

John
Gint
Did I hear zambezi?!?!
jimtab
Zambezi good.... biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Gint @ May 9 2006, 03:48 PM) *

Did I hear zambezi?!?!

For Gint.... finger.gif

Almost my car blowup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.