Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the best cleaning agent for my 2.7 motor bits?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
The 2.7 I tore down needs to be cleaned. It is in it's millions of bits. What is the best cleaning agent to use on the outside and inside of the case, heads, cam towers, etc?

Thanks,

Bill P.
J P Stein
What passes for solvent these days is mineral spirits...paint thinner.

nine14cats
Thanks JP!

Scrub a dub dub....

Bill P.
dweymer
just DO NOT USE engine degreaser....they will corrode the Mag cases

Walmart has carb cleaner for .97 a can I went through at least 5 cases cleaning my trans/engine for the rebuild.
Ctrout
I'm currently using mineral spirits to do some small parts cleaning. Works really well but it's hell on the my skin. It would be awesome in a parts washing tank with motor and filtration.
TimT
To start go to you local transmission shop. Ask the guy is he will wash your parts in there cleaner. They have what looks like giant dishwashers, that they use to clean transmissions and parts. My local transmission guy usually does it as a freebie, Ive tried to pay him for the work but he wont accept anything. If your lucky you can find a guy like him
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(TimT @ May 9 2006, 03:18 PM) *

To start go to you local transmission shop. Ask the guy is he will wash your parts in there cleaner.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.