Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, So I have car that won't fit in any class
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Twystd1
OK,

So what do I do with my car..

Me thinks this doesn't fit in any class without a cage. And it won't be competitive because of the setup.

It's really a street car that is for fun. I just want to take it out on a track bigger than A/X at some point.

What do you folks suggest? As I have been out of the SCCA gig for years.

Here's what I have.

73 teener
Stock gears
916 glass flares
Tarret Bars front and rear (still to be done)
Stock 911 front end
Re-drilled rears
Rennshifter
2.5 Stroker 4 cylinder. Bout 150 HP at the crank
7s all the way around. (going to 8&9s when I can afford it)
Porterfields all the way around.
Zip rust
Headers
goes pretty good. And I have a bigger engine being built 2.6+(Bout 175 HP he prays)

Twystd1
nine14cats
My suggestion would be to run with an open car club doing DE's. Many of these clubs do Time Trial events within the DE and you get to run your car on the track and take it up a notch as you get more into the race scene.

I see in your signature that you are in Costa Mesa but here are some Northern California Clubs we run with and there should be similar clubs where you live...

NCRC

AM Racing

Coastal Driving School

Trackmasters

NASA

You get to run out there and the classes are loose enough that you will fit in with a group a cars and get to dice it up!

Have Fun!

Bill P.
kdfoust
I think you'll land in POC V5. Unfortunately you'll need to add a roll bar and some other safety stuff at minimum to go play in that class. PCA Zone 8 you look like a CP car You can go PCA TT on some big tracks with a few AX prerequisits out of the way.

I wouldn't worry too much about having a competitive car right away. Just go out and have some fun. You can start hemoraging money on the go fast bits anytime... happy11.gif

Later,
Kevin
Twystd1
Kevin and Bill,
I hear ya loud and clear.

I had no clue there might be a place that this car, with me in it. Could still go out and have some fun.

I understand I won't be copmpetitive. Simply beacause I have had zero seat time in years.

OH.... And about the money thing............

I know all about the hemoraging of money..

I used to race against Slits back in the SCCA days of old.

He was in a Datsun.. I was in a X19

Then street racing in LA STREET RACERS for too many years.
Serious dollars........... If you lost.. biggrin.gif

Then 5 years of turning left into the ninetys. (dirt/asphalt)

With a few A/Xs thrown in for good measure.

Awwww.. The good old days.....

I just want to get my feet wet again. Not dive in head first. $$$$$$$

The whole game is about seat time. And I haven't had any in a long time.

Unless of course I hit the lottery. And go race the rest of my life.

Then again. I think a lot of fellas feel that way.

Can't thank you enough for the input.

I feel so at home here..

Regards,
Clayton Clark
Trekkor
Watch for the Trackmasters event on Sept 16-17 at Laguna Seca.

KT
Joe Ricard
I say just get it out on a track for lapping days. you might be suprised at how competative your car really is. TIRES TIRES TIRES.
nine14cats
I agree with Joe. You have alot of prior experience. You will suprised how fast it will return to you and although you may or may not have someone in a designated class, you will have other drivers and cars on the track with you of similar speed. You can dice it up with them and have a great time!

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.