Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CDS June 5 Infineon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
DanT
Any of you wanna be racers going to be there?

This is your chance to drive one of the primier race tracks in the US.

Great instruction available for newbies. Only need a 2000 or 2005 Snell helmet, 3 point belts, and a car that passes their tech...

More information here: www.coastaldriving.org

So quit talking about it and do it! biggrin.gif
nine14cats
I can't say enough of the Coastal Driving folks....great group to run with. Too bad it looks like I'm traveling on business that week. I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Bill P.
Trekkor
I'll be there. What a way to spend a Monday. Hooray smilie_pokal.gif

It will be the third time at Sears.

KT
DanT
OK so far that is 3 plus I think Greg Braun said he and his wife Tricia would be there.

So 5 so far....should be a fun day.
9146R
Hey Dan,
I there ! Looking fwd to the day big time. Maybe we can do some lead/follow stuff, I need to learn the line. You were great with my son Mike. I am coming solo to this one.
Greg Welch
DanT
See you there Greg. I am afraid if you follow me you will get bored and fall asleep at the wheel biggrin.gif You can follow me as much as you like if we can get into the same run group. I run with the instructors, but usually we have few enough cars that you are allowed to run one group down.
We will have to see how it goes. Maybe by late afternoon we can get several of the 914s out in the same run group...I will have to work on Hank with that one.
Greg and Tricia Braun, Me, Greg W. and maybe a few others....maybe even you Trek.

It should be a great day.

sounds like we should have at least 6 or more 914s.

Should have my spacer/wheel combination all sorted out by then.
6.5x15 minilites all around with 1/2 inch spacers. 205x50 Kumhos.

If I don't have the lug nut issue squared away by then I will be running the Fuchs with 1/2 inch spacers until I get the minilites machined for ball seat lug nuts or figure out where to find flat lug nuts for the studs.
nine14cats
Unfortunately I will not be there.

After talking with Goodyear and Jerry Woods to understand more of the suspension dynamics of Fritz, I am taking Fritz down for a month to work on the suspension. Nothing major, but the idea is no more two wheel excursions. The car should not be doing that.

Maybe in July we will be back at the track.

Bill P.
Trekkor
I'm really excited about this track day.

Bill, I'm glad you are looking into that suspension. I was freaked out when I saw it happening.

Dan, This will likely be the best track day for me yet.
I may be on new tire as well. Yay!

BTW, where's KenH?

KT
DanT
so what tires you going to get Trek?

225s or 205s?

Bill, why don't you get J-lo finished and bring her out..... biggrin.gif
Just kidding.

so what exactly did you find out about your suspension set up? OK for radial DOT Rs but not so cool for bias slicks? sad.gif
Trekkor
I'll test fit the 225's and see I can make that work.

I may buy a pair of Yokohama's for now and then get a set of 225 Kumho 710's later. Still undecided.

KT
nine14cats
The biggest issue on Fritz is the soft springs and the ride height. The spring rate is easily addressed, but the car sits higher than my competitors in PRC GTL. That presents a problem as my splitter in front needs to be relocated. If I go the lowering route I will have to cut down the splitter/spoiler. Not a big deal, but more money.

I also found out that everyone is running 11 inch wide rims in front and 13 inch wide in rear. I'm running 10's and 12's.

I'll probably stiffen the springs and lower the car. That's the cheapest part of it. I'll need to sell a few things to get new rims. I want lightweight ones next anyway. At least one set.

Bill P.
race914
Tricia and I will be there! Just took a 2nd mortgage out to buy gas for the trip up & back blink.gif

Just found out about the Wine Country Classic and we are considering coming up to watch that event on Sunday!

Anyone know what we can do with the tow rigs & trailers on Sunday?
9146R
Greg,
I hope you can make it - Kurt Fisher and the Redwood Region put on a great corral, hospitality tent, etc. 3 possibilities. In the past, I have parked my trailer and pull toy on the left pkg lot after you come thru the gate. If that is not open, you might want to turn left just past the first pkg lot and go up past the admin offices and the gokart track - there are a bunch of trailers in the upper area. Lastly, I have parked near the Porsche corral in the public pkg lot around Turn 2 and offloaded right there next to the main road going. Prolly a good idea to call the track and inquire. No doubt they will have a place.
Greg Welch
nebreitling
can't make it -- have to work.... sad.gif

shame, cause i'd like some lessons from you, dan...
DanT
confused24.gif
DanT
Kinda thought that is where this was headed...

smile.gif
Trekkor
Nate's got no passenger seat right now.

KT
DanT
that makes it a bit tough.... biggrin.gif

milk crate over the battery wink.gif
Trekkor
Where's everybody going to pit at Sears?

KT
DanT
lots of asphalt to choose from.
Somewhere near the winners circle...that is usuallly where we enter the pit lane for gridding...
along the area across from the 1st garage. Next to the old drivers lounge...now media center I believe.
That way everyone can see all the cool 914s as the tool down to grid. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
"X" marks the spot... biggrin.gif

KT
DanT
that would be "the " spot. smile.gif
Trekkor
I wonder what time the gates open, because I'll be there! boldblue.gif

KT
Trekkor
One week from today. Whoo Hoo!

Sears is awesome.

KT
race914
We're bringing our "Nurburgring Clone" to Sears!

Here's the latest 'incarnation' with the latest graphics...

Click to view attachment

Can't wait to run with you guys! beerchug.gif

race914
Also reproduced the rear Bosch decal...

Click to view attachment

And yes it is street legal!

Last CCCR PCA tour we were behind a 911 turbo and when he stepped on it, so did we. The third time he looked in the mirror, we were still on his bumper and we saw a very distressed expression!

At the next stop he asked "what do you have in that?". I answered "we had put a "tornado" on our 1.7 and a new set of plugs". Ruined his day....

Didn't reveal we have an 86 3.2 with a M-S-X 901

Score one for the 914s! biggrin.gif
DanT
Nice Greg, I like the new graphics and number rounds.

I also like the two tone front bumper.

I love doing stuff like that to 911s.

see you in a week

Dan
Trekkor
That GT clone looks really good!!

"tornado on a 1.7 "... chairfall.gif

KT
Trekkor
I just got an e-mail...No driving instructor assigned to me.

Not cool... headbang.gif

KT

DanT
QUOTE(trekkor @ May 29 2006, 09:43 PM) *

I just got an e-mail...No driving instructor assigned to me.

Not cool... headbang.gif

KT

I am surprised by that Trekkor. blink.gif I just heard from Hank today and he hadn't even done the instructor assignments yet.

Although there are only 24 instructors in attendance.
That makes it a bit tight if we have a full compliment of newbies.

When you filled out your application I am sure you put down the number of track days you have including the Sears days.

Hank takes all of that into consideration..

What run group are you assigned to?
Intermediate?

We will get you some instruction in there some how.

I will have my spacers and studs installed for Monday. Couldn't find anyone to machine the minilites so they are on hold.... sad.gif dry.gif

Looking forward to seeing many 914s there.

Trekkor
They put me in novice, too. Daaaaw!!

KT
9146R
Greg,
Love the clone car. Dan is right - orange is faster. It will be nice to see you again. I am slotted in the blue (int/adv) group. Gates open at 7am ?
I will look for the 914 corral.
Greg Welch
Trekkor
Evrybody get your confirmations e-mails?

Over on Pelican a number of ones who registered got bumped.
Apparently after there checks were cashed. confused24.gif

Are we all in?

KT
DanT
Trek,

that seems very uncharacteristic of CDS and Hank in particular.

I would be interested in getting the whole story.

Many times if there is a wait list they will just hold the check until a space opens.
I am sure if they did not get in they would be getting their checks back....unless there is really more to the story. dry.gif

I will do some checking to see what I can find out....very strange..
Trekkor
July 21st at Sears with TMR...Registration is open for a Friday track day.

Also TH on June 23rd with TMR. Have your front mounted cooler in place!!

We'll miss you Grant.

KT
DanT
Trekkor, Tricia B, Greg B, Greg W, Me

Anyone else? smile.gif
9146R
Looking fwd to seeing y'all there.
gw biggrin.gif
DanT
only 3 more days biggrin.gif
Trekkor
I went out and poked around yesterday and today...So I'm super excited now. boldblue.gif

KT
DanT
Car is all ready to go...just need to load the Suburban with spare tires, tools, and jack along with lots of cold H2O and we should be good to go.
Be there early Monday AM.

smile.gif
Trekkor
Yes, very early.

The track looked good today.

There will ba a lot of fresh rubber on the line.

KT
DanT
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jun 2 2006, 09:59 PM) *

Yes, very early.

The track looked good today.

There will ba a lot of fresh rubber on the line.

KT

they will sweep and or blow it pretty completely after the races are over.
Probably won't be as much rubber as you think.... smile.gif

Trekkor
Those 935's sure are cool.

I wandered the paddock yesterday and watched from turn 2 today.

I go to that track pretty regularly.

KT
race914
Just finished loading everything up and heading up to San Jose for the day! Have a tee time at Deep Cliff in Cupertino at 2:30!

Plan to be at Infineon Mid Morning on Sunday to watch the WCC...

Tricia and I will see you guys Sunday and/or Monday! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Trekkor
Finished up this evening.

Put the track tires back on, checked a few things and went and got fuel.

Excited...

KT
DanT
After checking my instructor list....it looks like we have about 6 914s for tomorrow.
Ted and Kevin Voight 914-6 2.8 twin plug race car
Greg and Tricia Braun 914-6 3.2L steet/track
Greg Welch 914-6 2.4L track
Trekkor Wills 914-6 2.0L street/track
John Seidel 914-4 zoomy track
me 914-4 lowly 2.0L street/track

Should be a nice day and lots of track time. driving.gif driving.gif
Trekkor
That was by far the BEST track day I've ever attended.

Perfect day for me.

Someday I'll post video ( Andy? )

Dan is a fantastic intructor. Huge help for me today.
I think he likes the 710's, too. wink.gif

KT
Trekkor
I have video out the back window...

KT
DanT
Trekkor, Greg, it was great to get to go out with both of you today...
Greg, thank you for having the faith in my driving to allow me to drive you car today...It is very nice. Hope you are able to dial out a little more of the oversteer.
Dirt tracking is fun but not the fast way around unless we are doing a Rallye. biggrin.gif

Trekkor, your car handles great....I was impressed....I just wonder how much is attributable to the tires and 7" wheels?

I was glad to be able to help both of you in several spots...like 2, 4 and especially 6.

Great day, great folks....just be glad you weren't driving a GT3 today sad.gif

I will be interested in seeing the videos Trekkor.
nebreitling
i'm soooo bummed i couldn't get out there today... sad.gif

glad you guys had a great time. can't wait to get out there myself and get schooled. what happened to the gt3?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.