Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st track day this friday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Joe Ricard
I am so stoked. I have finished the nut and bolt and double check of everything. I put a track alignment into it and Boy I tell you this car really likes this set up better than an Autocross setting.
Got the cow catcher air dam and so-called duck tail mounted back on the car. R3S04 Hoosiers are at 70% left, New Pagid front pads, bled brakes set the air gaps. Oh man I can't stop dancing mueba.gif
charlesmac
You going to the No Problem Raceway open track day? dude...that's gonna be a blast! I gotta get me a running car soon, i'm tired of jack stands.
Joe Ricard
Uh yea, if you want to go to Nationals this year you better get to turning wrenches. I need your HP and you need my car to put it in.
X prepared will never be easier to win than this year. Only like 5 cars nationally that are MAYBE going to show. none of us are prepared anywhere close to the rules.
brant
go Joe go...
you are going to have a blast.
I want a full report afterwards!

brant
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(brant @ May 10 2006, 09:15 AM) *

go Joe go...
you are going to have a blast.
I want a full report afterwards!

brant

Thanks, pretty big and deep pond I am going to play in. Most of the guys are fellow Autocrossers and all have done track stuff before. all are on race rubber.
I think the Spec Miata is the next slowest car over me. and he knows how to drive.
nine14cats
Watch out Joe....you are on a slippery, slippery slope.... happy11.gif

You are going to have a blast! clap56.gif

Bill P.
Trekkor
Ah, first track day.

Pretty exciting.

Be safe. Don't try to set the track record on the first lap. wink.gif

Do in-car video if you can.

KT
jhadler
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 10 2006, 05:43 AM) *

Uh yea, if you want to go to Nationals this year you better get to turning wrenches. I need your HP and you need my car to put it in.
X prepared will never be easier to win than this year. Only like 5 cars nationally that are MAYBE going to show. none of us are prepared anywhere close to the rules.

Hey Joe, don't be surprised to see some heavy hitters show up at the last minute at Nationals. XP is just -begging- for some FP cars to make the jump. The ex-Nagler M3 comes to mind. And I wouldn't put it past Greg Fordhal to show up with something particularly wild.

-Josh2
Dave-O
A local guy is building an XP car out of a former SM2 miata. Supercharged with something like 250 hp at the wheels with 12" slicks or something ridiculous like that. The car will be top notch but the guy isn't an A driver. You just have to out drive him!
ChrisFoley
So how did it go on the big course? smile.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ May 19 2006, 07:36 AM) *

So how did it go on the big course? smile.gif

Chris, The car did really well, I had to post / brag on PP board cause this one was down.

Anyway, them pipes rock when the sound was bouncing off the drag strip wall 5500 RPM in 4th all the way to 6200 shift to 5th, hold it flat to the floor through turn 1 @ 115 MPH blink.gif
Took half the day to gather enough balls to do that. Sure was fun.

the car can lap even with a Lancer EVO VII. clap56.gif
Ended up cooking my brakes, Never thought in my wildest dreams it would be like that.
So rigging up some ducting and tuning up my driving style. Should be a force to be reconned with next event.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.