Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking on a Wrench Day at my house....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
timmcgraw67
Well I was chatting w/ Toast and she said that she has a TO DO list for her car... how many others have the same... If there is quite a few then lets schedule a wrench day at my house. Hoping for a 5+ outcome.

PS... I may need some help myself w/ further disassemby w/ my 914 to prep for paint...

BTW I can fit 3 in the garage and 1 blocking the driveway
KaptKaos
Sounds fun. When?
timmcgraw67
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ May 10 2006, 08:13 AM) *

Sounds fun. When?

lets see how many as an outcome b4 setting a date... that way we can make a date that everyone could set..confused24.gif
7TPorsh
I would definitely be there neighbors! party.gif
Teener on the ground and running, look ma -no jack stands.
But no seat!
Click to view attachment
... will be driving the new beater boldblue.gif
Click to view attachment
skline
It looks like you bought your new beater off Ebay. Those seem to be pretty popular cars with the gangsta's, are you a gangsta?
BMITCHELL
Could be there too. I need to play with the rear brakes and add a second fuse block.
ewdysar
I've got plenty of small stuff to address, tranny mounts, fuse block, brake venting, etc. I could even make it to Glendale, throw out some dates...

Eric
Allan
I'm interested. Throttle and clutch cables, sparks plugs and a couple other small items...
7TPorsh
QUOTE(skline @ May 10 2006, 09:52 AM) *

It looks like you bought your new beater off Ebay. Those seem to be pretty popular cars with the gangsta's, are you a gangsta?

No gangster here; just an old school car guy who misses his 1971 Roadrunner. Picture off Ebay but car bot from local dealer-same black R/T package. Waited 2 months on order. 350hp/390 and seats 5. Love seeing the look on the tail-dragger's faces after some dusting. Is it that these 911 hacks just don't know how to drive?
...actually had one owner tell me his car was a Porshahh Nine Nine Six; I was very impressed.
chairfall.gif
Car is scary fast. One cool thing-the window sticker from the factory says Car Built and Prepared for Gary _____.
Twystd1
Depends on the day..

if I can make it...

I am in..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twystd1
BMITCHELL
Great! We'll have a real guru on hand. Maybe two if Slits shows up too.
Mike D.
I'd be interested, anybody know about installing a stereo?
Allan
QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 10 2006, 10:37 AM) *

I'd be interested, anybody know about installing a stereo?

I've done a few. Pretty easy...
Rotary'14
Which day???? Sounds like fun.

-Rob
timmcgraw67
You know what people, Looks like the outcome looks good Start Throwing out Dates...

I know people work so I won't throw out any days.... (I get 6 weeks of vacation from surgery)

People From Glendale You Know How Parking Is ... Everyone Else Better Get Here Early!!!!! LOL

By The Way... In My Tool List (Actually All My Tools Are At Work)
3.5 HP 15 Gal Compressor
3/8 Dr Air Rachet
1/2 Dr Impact
3/8 Chuck Drill
Metric 9-25 (missing 23) 1/2 Dr Sockets
Timing Light
Compression Tester
I have An SUV Jack That'll Get a car Pretty High (about 1.5-2 ft) But No Jack Stands (Someone put that on their list please) If Someone can bring a 1 1/4in (I think That's the size) Drill bit I can make my jack have a 4.5in cup instead of a dinky 1.5in.

I think that people should also post what they want done their cars so other people joining (if you don't have tools) may be able to help. (Reminds me SOMEONE BRING A SOLDERING IRON AND SOLDER FOR TOAST, SHE HAS NO HORN!!! Sorry I had to put you on the spot LMAO)

I think that's pretty much the gist of it...

Kenneth
Allan
How about the 27th???
timmcgraw67
QUOTE(Headrage @ May 10 2006, 02:42 PM) *

How about the 27th???

Work on my B-Day???? Are you nuts..... Oh I forgot It's not work LOL works for me biggrin.gif

Maybe Joe can gimme another ride this time in the canyons..... HEY JOE SHARP YOU ARE INVITED.....
dlo914
i'll be there...i need someone to adjust my timing and cure me of the poor gas mileage im getting in the 14'.
ewdysar
Did we get a date nailed down? I know that there was some conversation over on the "other" board.

Kenneth, you get to make the call....

Eric
Rotary'14
Yeah we need a date!! agree.gif Inquiring minds want to know. biggrin.gif

-Rob
G e o r g e
i'm interested in coming, don't have anything to do on mine yet as it is just about ready to go to mexico, but would love to come learn and help out.
7TPorsh
DOH!
One of these great get togethers; to be my first one.-and so dern close to home.
and my car looks like this:
headbang.gif
Click to view attachment
Does anyone have any body tools and experience?? I need help on this rear panel, see the gap at the arrows.
Click to view attachment
BMITCHELL
Wrench day on or off?
Allan
I was just getting ready to look for this thread. I'm game if it's still on...
TonyAKAVW
I'm interested, though I'll probably just be a helper since my car currently doesn't move.

-Tony
Heeltoe914
Just found this thread about a wrench day in my Area. If its still going to happen I am in. Lots of know how.
If you need a location I can host, got lift and parking for 8 car +. We could set a record for the most 914 serviced in one day. I saw the 27th posted but at this late date I say lets try Sunday the 28th at 7:30 till, The sooner you get there the faster your car can get some work done on it. start posting ASAP so we can get this thing going. And lets say 4pm that afternoon take the cars up the canyon. Which is only 10 min from my home in Tujunga (north Glendale). Tim (kenneth) this is only if you have changed your mind on what was started in the first post.
Allan
IIRC, it got posted over at the bird board while the site was down and someone pinned down the 17th of June.

Anybody wanna help me swap a master cylinder?
Heeltoe914
OK great that should work for me as well so forget all that I mentioned. Unless you just wont to hang out and work on your car at my place, The lift really makes things go faster.
ematulac
The 27th has come and gone.

The Big Bear run is on the 17th. If you do the Wrench Day before then y'all can get your cars ready for Big Bear. smile.gif
timmcgraw67
people told me to waith til june... throw some dates out how bout 2nd or 3rd week of june?
ematulac
Saturday, June 10th.

I'm working on the car tomorrow, but that's probably short notice for folks. I should be able to come down on the 10th and lend a hand.

timmmcgraw, is your car running?

If Heeltoe is available that day, it would be great to work on his lift. smile.gif
Toast
QUOTE(Headrage @ May 27 2006, 07:56 AM) *

IIRC, it got posted over at the bird board while the site was down and someone pinned down the 17th of June.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.