Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New wheels!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
jhadler
Just picked up my wheels!! Thanks Grant!

You're right! They're -silly- light. Can't wait to get 'em covered in brake dust!!! biggrin.gif

The race season has started, and I'm still on jackstands. But it's soooooo close now.

-Josh2

edit: these are the pics Grant sent me of the unshod wheels. I didn't have any light last night to take a decent picture of them.
GBallantine
QUOTE(jhadler @ May 10 2006, 07:51 AM) *

Just picked up my wheels!! Thanks Grant!

You're right! They're -silly- light. Can't wait to get 'em covered in brake dust!!! biggrin.gif

The race season has started, and I'm still on jackstands. But it's soooooo close now.

-Josh2

edit: these are the pics Grant sent me of the unshod wheels. I didn't have any light last night to take a decent picture of them.

Very nice wheels! What size are they? 4 x 130x 6. What's the best size tire that fits them? 205/225 Do you need to massge the wheel wells to fit? Where do you buy them?

Thanks GB
Trekkor
Those are 8's mueba.gif

If you had the fender space, you could slam 245's on there. ohmy.gif

KT
jhadler
15x8's 4x130 bolt pattern. <10 lbs each

I suppose if you had some spacers, 245 could be shoehorned onto the wheels, but why? You'd have to go to taller sidewalls and they'd be pinched down to fit on the wheels...

I think I'm gonna like these puppies. 225/45-15 Hoosiers will fit just right. It may be a couple more weeks before I can put these wheels to the test, but the reality of a running car is getting closer and closer... driving.gif

-Josh2
jhadler
In answer to the othe question:

I bought 'em from Grant (thanks Grant!), they're Keizer wheels, and there are a host of other custom wheel makers that can make some very nice for ya, you just have to give them enough incentive...$$$.

Yes, the rear fenders have been... well... "massaged"... I pulled 'em out about 1-1/2" using a big ol' piece of shaped lumber, a floor jack, and an old steel wheel with an old race tire...

Not the most cosmetically perfect job, and it will need to get some paint work done to clean it up. But hey! It's a race car right?

-Josh2
grantsfo
Glad you have them! Note: you will probably need spacers to get 245's to clear inside fenderwells.
Joe Ricard
If I remember right those are 5" backspace.

I am having issues with tire rub on my 22 x 9.5 x 15 slicks rubbing on the inside fender well. my wheels have 4.5 inch backspace. need another spacer. Also need to trim more of the lip off the fiberglass flare. Like almost to nuthing.
jhadler
Yep. 5" backspace.

Those are some pretty wide slicks there. Yeah, you'll need to make some more room in there I think...

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 10 2006, 12:21 PM) *

If I remember right those are 5" backspace.

I am having issues with tire rub on my 22 x 9.5 x 15 slicks rubbing on the inside fender well. my wheels have 4.5 inch backspace. need another spacer. Also need to trim more of the lip off the fiberglass flare. Like almost to nuthing.

Aaron Cox
QUOTE(trekkor @ May 10 2006, 09:56 AM) *

Those are 8's mueba.gif

If you had the fender space, you could slam 245's on there. ohmy.gif

KT

wayyy to big for an 8" rim.

205's are most bitchin on a 7"
225's are most bitchin on an 8"
245 etc live on 9" and above....

has to do with pinched sidewalls, and contact patch.

for example, look at a 205 mounted on a 5.5" rim dry.gif , then the same tire on a 5" (still pinched) and depending on the tire, it may still not even have "vertical" sidewalls....

9146R
I run the 225x45x15 Hoosiers all around with 7" Fuchs front and 8" rear. Very pleased with the combo. Low unsprung weight is key, and the Hoosiers are awesome tires when they get some heat into them on the track.
Greg
DanT
Yeah, when Greg gets the tire pressures right, the car really hooks up. With some trail braking you can get very deep into the corners.

Ask me how I know this... biggrin.gif

Once those hoosiers got some heat in them that car is on rails.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.