Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What were they thinking?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
Found this and thought some of you would like to see it.
Hope it turn out readable, the scan wasn't very good.
tracks914
OK so the scan was too good...read on! w00t.gif
w00t.gif
mskala
What is the guy's point? I can't figure how any of that data
means anything important. All these cars had different gear
ratios or power or both, and different weights.
Qarl
Yes... very poorly written article (blurb). I'm not sure what the point is either (i.e., not sure what the author was thinking).
olav
I think the author is covertly saying the 914 rocks!!! And the Porsche engineers were purposely keeping the 914 back from realizing its full potential.

Those bastards!!

clap56.gif

That's what I think.
fiid
QUOTE(olav @ Sep 25 2003, 09:45 AM)
I think the author is covertly saying the 914 rocks!!! And the Porsche engineers were purposely keeping the 914 back from realizing its full potential.

Those bastards!!

clap56.gif

That's what I think.

I agree fully; although what porsche did was pretty much along the VHS-Betamax thing. The 914 is clearly a superior design to the 911 IMHO (I mean what dufus hangs the engine out the back.... they later fixed this with.......... traction control... can you say band-aid?). I think that The 356 and 911 defined "what porsche is" to their larger customer base... i.e. it was a marketing decision.

Lotus seems to have more often made technically based decisions, and look where it got them! It's only with the Elise (arguably a 30 year late 914 rip-off) have they really started to kick ass in the marketplace.

I always hated 911s because they are rear engined.. blah blah. Having learned more about them through having the 914 though - I have a lot of respect for what they are capable of, given the handicaps of ... having the engine hanging out the back. Still - makes it easier to remove and put in a 914. :-)

Fiid.
need4speed
QUOTE(olav @ Sep 25 2003, 09:45 AM)

Those bastards!!

clap56.gif

That's what I think.

mebbe we need a "Tinfoil hat" smiley?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.