Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DuPont paint code for L20E
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
I've got a painter lined up. Going to paint the 73 signal orange. mueba.gif

Anyone have a DuPont paint code equivalent of L20E signal orange?

Or suggestions on where/how to get it?
Charles Deutsch
Signal Orange is a good color.
Jeff Bonanno
Paul,

what is L98B (1976)? the only reference i can find online says viper metallic green but not off a 76 914 (VW or something - it was in french).

jbb
Queenie
QUOTE(Jeff Bonanno @ Sep 25 2003, 08:18 AM)

what is L98B (1976)? the only reference i can find online says viper metallic green but not off a 76 914 (VW or something - it was in french).

L98B is the paint code on my badge, and my car does appear to be metallic viper green. The only place I have been able to track it down is here.
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(Jeff Bonanno @ Sep 25 2003, 08:18 AM)
Paul,

what is L98B (1976)?  the only reference i can find online says viper metallic green but not off a 76 914 (VW or something - it was in french).

jbb

Rook here .
Queenie
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Sep 25 2003, 08:35 AM)
That would be Lime Green Metallic (Poly)

Viper Green Metallic is L96N

Honestly, Paul - it beats the hell out of me smile.gif

I had previously not been able to track down any definitive information about my paint, so all I'm going on is what I had found in the past. I had not been able to link the L98B paint code to any Porsche paint code lists at all.

So, what's the difference between lime poly and viper green? Neither of the samples in your picture look like the same color as my car!
Jeff Bonanno
prolly repainted. i counted three coats of various greens including the factory. engine bay and behind the seat backpad most likely is just factory and was noticeably different on mine.
Queenie
QUOTE(Jeff Bonanno @ Sep 25 2003, 09:19 AM)
prolly repainted. i counted three coats of various greens including the factory. engine bay and behind the seat backpad most likely is just factory and was noticeably different on mine.

It seems very unlikely that the car's never been repainted, but I can't find any evidence of it ever being another color.
Eddie Williams
Ah hah!! I see mine is painted a Scirocco only color. L97A! Were custom colors an option?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.