Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my Sh_t together finally!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
I was out of action for 10 days waiting for a new guide tube and a throwout bearing. I only amassed 800 miles on my gearbox when all of a sudden I couldn't get into gear. I took the the trans off and discovered my T.O. bearing & guide tube was thrashed big time. I didn't grease these parts properly and wound up putting 100,000 miles worth of wear on them in short order. Luckily the trans didn't get hurt (930 box). I re-assembled and what a difference a little synthetic grease will do! I stopped over at Pauls (Lotus65) and took him for a little thrashing around Mpls. Everything is good in the world again!

Bill
BigDBass
Sweet. Glad you got it sorted out! Now post a new pic of your thrashing white monster.
wbergtho
Ask Paul to post a few pics or video. I haven't taken any new pics lately. Maybe this afternoon I will and post later. How's the "new 914"? Dan?

Bill
lotus_65
oh, man!

i was going to start a thread "i can't believe that car"

'cause that's all i was saying after bill left.

or it was going to be:

stop. re-evaluate everything. begin again.

anyway, thanks for the ride, bill. that car just needs to be seen to be appreciated because my little vid doesn't do it justice! i got distracted, you guy's will understand. we need to set up a camera mount and some strategically placed mics to catch the fury.
http://home.mn.rr.com/bellefleur/123_2329.AVI

the combo of great looks and unreal performance, it's one of a kind.
BigDBass
Oh man, that video is quite a tease! Damn, that sounds insane.

I hope you can keep it together 'til the WI get together.

My car ... well ... it rules, but if it weren't for the shitty weather of late I'd be more upset about the electrical and brake issues I'm dealing with already!
736conver
Man, sweet video. I cant wait to see some of these V8's at the get together. It was a road I was planning on going down, but ended up doing the 3.2 911 engine.

And it would be nice if this damn rain would stop.
lotus_65
there's no way to convey how that cars ass wiggled when we where blasting up the on-ramp, the lsd straining to keep power to the wheels. it was remarkable.

and yep, it sounds REALLY bada$$!
wbergtho
Wow..it's been three whole days now and I have no reason to lift up my car to fix anything...that refreshing!

Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.