Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grattan National-Wet and wild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
groot
It was a rough weekend….Wet and cold the whole time. But, the new engine ran very well and noticeably stronger than last year's engine. I'm glad I installed a new push-pull throttle cable and pedal setup because I had to modulate the throttle everywhere.

I finished in 6th against some very stiff competition, but the good news is I was only 3.5 seconds off the fastest EP car in the race…. In the rain. This car ain't easy to drive in the rain, that's for sure. For the first race of the year, I'm happy with how the weekend went.

There were many spins and off-track experiences, but I managed to keep it on the track.

The car's pretty ugly because I've got a lot of body work to do. Here's a pic coming onto the main straight.
groot
Ooops... I guess this belongs in "the paddock"
Jeroen
Excellent!

QUOTE(groot @ May 17 2006, 03:13 PM) *

Ooops... I guess this belongs in "the paddock"

I moved it for ya wink.gif
Dave-O
Is that a really tight turn? It seems like your wheels are turned A LOT for being on a track.
groot
Thanks for moving it Jeroen.

Ummm.... yes, that is a left turn and I'm after the apex. I used a bit too much throttle and had to correct for the oversteer..... alot. Then I did a tank slapper for the next few hundred feet. ohmy.gif
spunone
Are you running the new motor Jake built you allready??
groot
Not yet... I'm running a back-up motor with heads from Len and a Jake cam/pistons and cylinders.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.