Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plaid Upholstery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pakis
I'm looking for members who want to redo their seats with the original plaid style material that was used in the 75-76 models. I have spoken with Doug - SMS Upholstery and he's willing to recreate the tartan material. If interested please email me at rhsouth@ev1.net or leave me a message (281)548-7022.

Thank You
double-a
sounds interesting. which colors will he be willing to produce? i can think of three that i've see: blue, green, and orange (which was originally on my car).

~a
QUOTE(Pakis @ May 17 2006, 07:11 AM) *

I'm looking for members who want to redo their seats with the original plaid style material that was used in the 75-76 models. I have spoken with Doug - SMS Upholstery and he's willing to recreate the tartan material. If interested please email me at rhsouth@ev1.net or leave me a message (281)548-7022.

Thank You

Pakis
I need all the different colors that people are intersedted in putting back on their car, such as, Bright Red, Green, Orange, Blue.
QUOTE(double-a @ May 17 2006, 06:21 AM) *

sounds interesting. which colors will he be willing to produce? i can think of three that i've see: blue, green, and orange (which was originally on my car).

~a
QUOTE(Pakis @ May 17 2006, 07:11 AM) *

Thank You

maf914
My 76 which is Malaga red, a dark red, had plaid sets. I wonder if the fabric is the same as that used in the bright red cars of that year? I remember the same plaid material was used in VW's of that time. A friend of mine had a dark red Scirroco with plaid seat inserts.
double-a
here's a copy of the factory fabrics sheet.

~a
JeffBowlsby
There were alot more than those 4 plaids. See the link on my collectibles webpage in my signature block. I don't have them all either...
grasshopper
I would definetly be interested in the red one on the bottom the pic that double-a posted. My car originally came with that, but was ripped up, so we recovered it.
garyb
Click to view attachmentI have been looking for the Green Tartan (plaid) and cant find it.
Yes, lets get some made up.
Thanks
Gary
Trevorg7
QUOTE(garyb @ May 18 2006, 08:19 AM) *

Click to view attachmentI have been looking for the Green Tartan (plaid) and cant find it.
Yes, lets get some made up.
Thanks
Gary

That second blue one is great! I'd do that, if someone is going to pull this together let me know.

T
boxstr
If you need someone to pickup at SMS I go right by their on the way to my CAD plater.
Craig C. Laughlin
turboman808
should do this while your at it

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1631293

IPB Image
rjames

Looks like someone's tie got sucked into your wheel.... blink.gif
markb
QUOTE(rjames @ May 18 2006, 11:34 AM) *

agree.gif
gary beck
icon_bump.gif
QUOTE(rjames @ May 18 2006, 11:34 AM) *

rick 918-S
I would wub.gif a Revenna car with What looks like CB 6.
GTS
Hi All,
here are some plaid that can be purchased or the seats can be done with it.Also a colored houndstooth is available in addition or the black and white and red/red houndstooth.
with regards Stefan GTS classics ClassicCarSeats. comClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=857
04]
Toast
I'd be interested in the yellow.
(remember, yellow is faster biggrin.gif )

I really like the Barclay Dress Tartan on the Tartan interiors pages. Damn, if I read this correctly, this pattern was created by John de Berchelai in 1069 A.D.!! blink.gif
johannes
QUOTE(Toast @ Jun 24 2006, 06:10 PM) *

I'd be interested in the yellow.
(remember, yellow is faster biggrin.gif )

I really like the Barclay Dress Tartan on the Tartan interiors pages. Damn, if I read this correctly, this pattern was created by John de Berchelai in 1069 A.D.!! blink.gif

OH YES YES YES ! This is very close to the original pattern ... wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Eric_Shea
Craig C. Laughlin
confused24.gif

-You Mean-

CCLINPICKINUPPLAID confused24.gif

Enough yellow to do two seats would be nice.
johannes
I also find this pattern could be somehow period correct ...
Was not available for the 914 but was very often seen in cars in the 70' in association with black vinyl.
Could be a nice alternative and could suit almost all colors of car.
Has anyone seen 914 seats rehupolstered with this pattern ?
Toast
Yes, mine has the blue/black with that pattern. I'll get you a pic next week.
GWN7
The 71 Gemini Blue Metallic L96E (when I get to it) will have this pattern as seat inserts.

You can find a lot of nice Tartans here: http://www.tartan-finder.com/Napier_Clan_Shop.htm
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(johannes @ Jun 25 2006, 08:38 AM) *

I also find this pattern could be somehow period correct ...
Was not available for the 914 but was very often seen in cars in the 70' in association with black vinyl.
Could be a nice alternative and could suit almost all colors of car.
Has anyone seen 914 seats rehupolstered with this pattern ?

No, but my friend's VW Fastback has it's seats in Hound's Tooth. With a BMW sky blue paint. Nice car cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.