Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's back on this year
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
I got an e-mail from the event chairman and the Hoopa Hillclimb is back on this year. This event is held on an indian reservation close to Eureka CA.

It will be on the 29th and 30th of July.

I've written back to the Chairman to secure a few sign up packets for any of us that want to apply.

I know Andrew Blyholder had expressed interest in going.

Man, would I love to ride up that hill with Bill Pickering driving the "rocket", but I don't know about their rules concerning driving instructors from other organizations.
nebreitling
Count me in, i've been wanting to do this for some time.

we can caravan up.

beerchug.gif n
SirAndy
i'd be interested ...

driving.gif Andy
So.Cal.914
That is next to the Yurok reservation and the kalimeth river, nice drive.

Have fun. smoke.gif
lapuwali
Have a link for more info on this event?

Is this a full race kind of deal (as in all safety equipment required)?

Randal
QUOTE(lapuwali @ May 17 2006, 11:58 AM) *

Have a link for more info on this event?

Is this a full race kind of deal (as in all safety equipment required)?

I have e-mailed the chairman of the event to find out all the details. Should hear back shortly.

It seems like this event is a closely guarded event, so am trying to play the game their way given that we are the outsiders.
rhodyguy
there isn't a boring road driving to that town. interesting place.

k
Randal
QUOTE(Randal @ May 17 2006, 07:59 AM) *

I got an e-mail from the event chairman and the Hoopa Hillclimb is back on this year. This event is held on an indian reservation close to Eureka CA.

It will be on the 29th and 30th of July.

I've written back to the Chairman to secure a few sign up packets for any of us that want to apply.

I know Andrew Blyholder had expressed interest in going.

Man, would I love to ride up that hill with Bill Pickering driving the "rocket", but I don't know about their rules concerning driving instructors from other organizations.

Got a nice note back from the event Chairman as follows:

Yes we allow... as this is NOT a beginners type of event, we do require some form of competition driving experience. I'm sure most of your members would fit the bill!

We have an entry limit of 60 drivers.

We mail entry packets in a few weeks, so send me addresses and I will see that you get them.

We always enjoy meeting new people... makes life interesting! Loren Fisher

So if your interested e-mail me your contact information and I'll get it up to Loren.
nebreitling
pm sent.
ppickerell
This sounds like a job for C4S MAN!
kdfoust
I'm very interested. I'd even get my '14 together and up there for this one. Worst case I'd run the "other" Porsche.

Regards,
Kevin
kdfoust
I pretty stoked about this. I've been wanting to do some hill climbing, might as well start here...

I google earthed the hill climb site today. This is some pretty nice countryside.

LAter,
Kevin

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.