Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My WCC Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
I can't count the number of hours I have in the WCC and GT Performance logos. From laying out the logos themselves to cutting the mask must be at least 20 hours.

Yesterday, I was able to finish most of the base colors but they didn't turn out quite as I had envisioned. I descided to go with an opaque body instead of the translucent one that I had planned. It shows fewer paint flaws now. I still have a bit to go but with luck and lots of work I'll have the complete package ready to ship this weekend.

Here's a teaser shot of the (finally) finished logo. Stickers would have been easier but I still like paint better.
Jeroen
that's an awesome job!
djm914-6
Thank you. I hope I did the logo some justice. The GT Performance logo looked simpler, but took just as long. I just hope people like the finished project.
Jeroen
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ May 18 2006, 12:51 AM) *

Thank you. I hope I did the logo some justice.

Are you kidding? You did awesome!
Andyrew
Ya it looks amazing!!!

You do great work David!
jimtab
Very, very cool!
djm914-6
Another progress shot. I think it's about done now. I have some detail work (that part I'm really dreading now) then the chrome trim to finish.

Here's where I'm at now:
djm914-6
So just how bad does this suck?

I worked my butt off on the logos. I couldn't count the hours they took. I thought a beer glass beer3.gif would be fitting for a 914 gathering so I did hours of research and study beer3.gif beer3.gif of the topic and figured I could reproduce the look. The initial color didn't turn out quite like my referance, but it wasn't bad. I backed it with a opeque color and that helped. Then I had to do the foam. More study and asking pro painters questions later... I didn't do so well. sad.gif Maybe it'll look better at a scale 150-200mph?
pete-stevers
WOW!!!!!! pray.gif
djm914-6
Thank you Pete.
Allan
DIBS... biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
OMG, that is awesome, but what the heck that is the kind of work I & we expect
from you . The work you do for us ,and have done for me is nothing but spectacular. You other guys get the idea I like his work. Dave Kimple
GTeener
Nice work!

This one is going really fast in reverse happy11.gif Do the next one the other way around with the foam in front, dribbling backwards. drunk.gif
djm914-6
Like I said, I did a lot of research first... beer3.gif beer.gif
djm914-6
QUOTE(BarberDave @ May 22 2006, 12:01 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif
OMG, that is awesome, but what the heck that is the kind of work I & we expect
from you . The work you do for us ,and have done for me is nothing but spectacular. You other guys get the idea I like his work. Dave Kimple

Dave, Did I accidently leave a C-note in the last package I sent you? Or maybe you're looking for another one of those bitch bodies? KMA.gif biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm still looking for a place to host the video I made of this car running if anyone knows of a place. Thanks.
Aaron Cox
looks KILLER

youtube.com or putfile.com rock for free hosting.

i like you tube
djm914-6
Thank you Aaron!

WCC 914 In Action!
BigDBass
Ha, awesome!
djm914-6
The video turned out a bit better than I expected. All I have is an old Sony 2.1meg digital camera and zero skills at editing a video. smile.gif My son did a pretty decent job at driving for me, I doubt I'll be able to follow him with a modified car though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.