Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To polish or not to polish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
street legal go-kart
I got a great set of wheels from Richard Despit? in So Cal at the G&R. Thanks Richard.
I waited two years to find a set of wheels in this condition and now can't decide if I polish the spokes or not.
My brain tells me NOOOO.
The rice in me says polish.
What is the concensus?

JT
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(street legal go-kart @ May 17 2006, 06:52 PM) *

I got a great set of wheels from Richard Despit? in So Cal at the G&R. Thanks Richard.
I waited two years to find a set of wheels in this condition and now can't decide if I polish the spokes or not.
My brain tells me NOOOO.
What is the concensus?

JT

al reed mirror polish and clearcoat for zero maintenance....

400 bucks.
G e o r g e
I vote for shiny biggrin.gif

but the wheels you got from richard look pretty nice already....

one of the wheels i had polished was the spare from that set, it was the only nice one Al had to work with.
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(street legal go-kart @ May 17 2006, 06:52 PM) *

I got a great set of wheels from Richard Daspit? in So Cal at the G&R. Thanks Richard.
My brain tells me NOOOO.
What is the concensus?

JT

I, would go with your first thought, which is usually the correct one. NOOOO
rhodyguy
$400 plus shipping both ways. if the wheels are nice, there are better things to spend the better part of $500 on. jmwho.

k
MoveQik
Polish em!! Mine are replicas but shiney is still better!
street legal go-kart
I can do the work myself so cost is not the issue.
My problem is these are unblemished ,original finish and I just can't bring myself to put one of them up to the polishing wheel.

My benchmark was my unmounted/never mounted original finish spare wheel that came with the car.

Plus this is for the black car , the main task is to be a driver about once or twice a week. A/X on the weekends.

JT
alremley
I vote polish.
Hand polish with Nevr Dull.
Hard work but no chance of damage
anthony
QUOTE(street legal go-kart @ May 18 2006, 07:38 AM) *

My problem is these are unblemished ,original finish and I just can't bring myself to put one of them up to the polishing wheel.

Ok, so you know the answer. Get some crappy Fuchs that need refinishing if you want a polished set.
GTeener
Polish thumb3d.gif
boston914
I just got mine back today from Al Reed.

They look incredible.

I will post a photo this weekend.

sjhowitson
Polish no question. They look great polished. Just the right amount of bling
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.