Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle cable length
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
I have a throttle cable mount mounted near the dizzy.
I'm only getting a few inches of the cable to come out, not enough to reach my linkage bar. I've noticed in pictures from searching that people are getting their cables to reach their linkage setup from the same spot I have my cable mount.
WTF.gif What am I missing... confused24.gif
Andyrew
check the other end.

YOu had it running with the same setup didnt you?

PS. Concourse at davis park on sunday morning. Be there as I throw tire smoke in concourse weenies faces (figure of speach.. maybe )
Hammy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 17 2006, 07:47 PM) *

check the other end.

YOu had it running with the same setup didnt you?

PS. Concourse at davis park on sunday morning. Be there as I throw tire smoke in concourse weenies faces (figure of speach.. maybe )

no. this is the other engine with different carbs and a new cable... What do I check at the other end? Is there even any adjustment, I just threaded it in to what the manual says.

what time on Sunday? Davis park is a close walk for me smile.gif
Andyrew
Morning till 12ish. They generally have a long lunch.

Use your old cable.

Brad Roberts
If the throttle cable is wrapped around the clutch cable.. you wont get the same length.

Show me a pic of your mount.

B
Hammy
I haven't checked to see if it's wrapped around the clutch cable. Didn't even think of that. Do I just need to mount it closer?

Andrew, are you taking a 944 or your 914? Either one I'll probably show up and take a look... What kind of cars are expected?
Brad Roberts
The cable is wrapped.

Dont want to be a total asshole, but your mount sucks to high heaven.

The good mount bolts to the top of the block (but the carbs have to be flipped so it picks up under the bar. This typically causes one arm of the carbs to hit the trunk torsion bars depending on which carbs and which intake manifolds.

Another good mount: bolts to the twin M4 studs below the oil filler.

The other one I have seen is REAL thick alum and mounts where you have your metal one.

B
Andyrew
Cars expected, old 911's, 912's couple 356's and some new cars.

Then a couple of hot rods here and there.

I might..

Might
bring my car, im working on getting it all together for it.

Andrew

btw.

unmount it, and pull on the cable, see if you can get it to reach, if you have plently of room you definately need to mount it closer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.