Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custome ignition wires, where to get?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I am getting ready for my MegaJolt installation (eventually someday soon maybe) and will need some custome ignition wires that will mate the Ford coil pack conectors to the 911 heads/plugs. Does anyone know where I may get a set made? How about making them my self?
bd1308
I dont think it would be TOO hard to do it yourself....

Most of the stuff is screw-in anyway, at least the porsche stuff is....

b
Dr Evil
Obviously you have not seen the nifty coil ends for the ford stuff...not looking too good for making my self. Also, not all Porsche sets are screw in. Every step a road block. wink.gif
Joe Ricard
I think it was century performance where I got my Magnacor wires. Mr. brown will make them up to any specs you want. Thought the price was pretty reasonable. 29.00 bucks for 2.0L TypeIV. and none of that screw on crap either.
Brando
by coil ends, do you mean wires with a coil on each individual cylinder? a-la 996/boxster?
Mark Henry
Just get a set of accel wires for a V8...that's what I did with my SDS and since mine is a /4 I have an extra set of wires.

BTW you can pull the bug air seals over the accel plug ends and you will have to put the domestic screw on plug end adaptor thingies on the plug.
Qarl
Clewett Engineering can make them for you!
Dr Evil
Joe, more info please. That price in very resonable.

Brando, no. The coils are in a 3 pack with two out puts per coil. They have specific connectors on them.

Mark, ??? Got pics? Prices? Wahts an SDS?

Karl, I'll bet they do, but I'll bet it is mucho $$$ and I am 6 years out of making any good money wink.gif
Mark Henry
SDS aftermarket FI www.sdsefi.com

I have a crankfire set-up that uses GM coil packs...I think it's the same coil ends as a ford. My coils are in a 2 pack with two out puts per coil.

Accel yellow wire sets for a V8 are available at almost any FLAPS...about $30. The bug, T1 or T4 plug air seal can be had at any bug or 914 shop for about $3./set of 4, the little plug end adaptor thing comes in every spark plug box (bosch) you buy.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 18 2006, 12:29 PM) *

SDS aftermarket FI www.sdsefi.com

I have a crankfire set-up that uses GM coil packs...I think it's the same coil ends as a ford. My coils are in a 2 pack with two out puts per coil.

Accel yellow wire sets for a V8 are available at almost any FLAPS...about $30. The bug, T1 or T4 plug air seal can be had at any bug or 914 shop for about $3./set of 4, the little plug end adaptor thing comes in every spark plug box (bosch) you buy.

Cool, I'm learning things today. I'll check this out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.